View Single Post
Old 28-09-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORMAC View Post
HA! Tamiya finaly go and bring out a kick a$$ buggy in the 501X then they want to rip it off with this crap incarnation. Im sorry but the chassis sux. The 501X reperesents quality and engineering brilliance,why would anyone want to buy a car that 'looks' similar but get a car so far removed from the 501X?? Who Knows?! Tamiya leave the 501X alone and stick with re releasing more of the golden oldies.
Take it easy there Jase

The big advantage with this car is that it's much easier for the racer who has a 2wd buggy or Touring car to run it as their stick-style packs will fit straight in.

I hate saddle packs, and I don't want separate sets of cells for my on-road and off-road cars, so for that purpose this car makes sense.

It will never be as good as a 501x due to it's layout, but for most people that wont matter. It will probably also end up costing more if you were to spec it up to the same level as a 501, but at least you have the option of buying it at a reasonable price and updating the car as your wallet allows (or not at all if that's what you choose)

The overall design might not be as fast on track as the 501, but for some people the convenience of the layout combined with reduced maintenance will be worth the trade off in performance.

I will certainly be looking at one, depending upon how many 501 parts can be transferred over.

Agree with you about the re-releases though, I need a Big Wig