Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

+1 on Grahoo's buggy, I love the design of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obs-m...ure=plpp_video

Here's a video with Grahoo's original Poprod from 1988 driving in a competition (at 1:10 interview with the driver, start of race around the 2:30 mark). Notice that it's easily as quick as the RWD buggies driving around and drove around on the first place for a while before making a mistake. I know the Wild one, Falcon and Fox are not like the RC10 would've been as a competitor, but it shows their potential on video.

The potential that the Poprod shows is reflected in today's buggy regulations. Many organisations state that FWD buggies are to be driven with 4WD buggies. I recall reading this happened when some drivers started using FWD buggies for slippery tracks and RWD buggies for tracks where the RWDs could put the power down more easily.

The regulations meant the instant end for FWD buggies in competition. After all they were put into use for their performance, not for their quirky construction.

Grahoo rebuilt his Poprod a few years ago (Link), but with a TA03 transmission and a few modern parts I believe. This and Bloodclod's FF buggy build were of great inspiration to try and build my own FF Buggy