View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
Here you go

http://downloads.graphtecgb.com/support/

I'm using Illustrator CS2 on my Mac and the plug-in enables my .ai files to be exported to the cutter via the cutting master software.

Works pretty well - its just my illustrator knowledge that is rubbish
Thank you - give me a shout if you're getting stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmiller View Post
I would recommend using illustartor with the cutstudio plugin because if you fancy/need upgrading the machine later and don't get a roland then you are stuck with a load of cutstudio files that you cannot use in other programs. unless the newer cutstudio versions have an export function?
that's why i would use illy and export using the plugin to cutstudio. that way you will have all yer files in ai or eps whis are more or less standard formats.
I'd have to completely agree with everything Jon has said there, makes perfect sense. Also if you need to do anything else with your files at a later date, maybe use the design for a print on a sticker or T shirt design or anything else it will be better to have it in a common more recognised format. It will save you or anyone else having to create it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Do let me know on the masking vinyl stuff, I need to get some soon
Sorry dude got loads left at the moment, maybe you can get some other people on here together to spread the cost....

My paintwork thread