Thread: X6 s in the wet
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2014

Yes I ran in the wet at Bury. I stuck with the geared diff until the 3rd round then went on to the ball diff. This transformed the car and my fastest laps were up there with the top guys. I found it drove surprisingly well, I was just let down by silly unfortunate mistakes. Obviously I was wishing I had taken my cubed to cope with the rain though!!

I've also run the car at 10-electric which is a small local club in a village hall. The surface is a kind of lino type material. Again I was massively surprised at how well it went on the low grip surface. It drove much differently to the cubed but was, I would say just as fast.

Testing at RHR in the dry I found the car to be amazing. RHR has just had a new surface laid down throughout and the lads have done a great job of it. The new surface is high grip. I found I could push the car VERY hard without fear of any grip roll. With the gear diff and 20,000 wt diff oil the car was very easy to drive fast.

I'm in the process of getting both cars ready to hit the track so I can back to back them at different places.