View Single Post
Old 28-07-2014
Mad Member

Dave

Be really careful you are not getting lured into the attraction of a newer, lower mileage car for the same money. There is a reason for it - it is a van with extra seats so not going to be very refined on longer journeys and it is french.

The time I spent chatting to the AA man whilst getting my peugeot towed home was very illuminating. Basically he knew very little about japanese cars as he never saw them but loads about french cars!! The fact the dealer I traded it into was not sure he was willing to take it in part-ex at any price was not a great vote of confidence from the trade.

Have a look on any citroen forums you can find. Wish I had looked at the peugeot one before I bought my 407.

Having said that the berlingo may actually be about as safe as bet as you can get with french car being that bit more basic, there is less to go wrong! I had a couple of peugeots 15-20 years ago and do not remember them being particularly unreliable - maybe the cars have just started getting too complex.

Good luck!!

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2