View Single Post
Old 18-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmatrix View Post
Thanks for your constructive input.

I don't care if the eb410 is ugly, and where have I mentioned that shaft drive is an update? I'm just asking about if Schumacher might update their platform from belt drive to shaft drive and move away from belt drive.

I also commented on yokomo 'reverting' back to shaft drive.

"and where have I mentioned that shaft drive is an update?"

Er - "Come on Schumacher, update your 4wd platform to shaft drive"

No problem, glad i could chime in...Well, realistically the shaft drive format has been done. We had all the Tamiyas with overcomplicated shaft drive and eventually got efficient with 2 diffs and a shaft mounted spur (Predator from TTech and the TC3 Associated).

If everyone follows the herd, we'll end up similar to 1/8th scale with clones similar to all the ebuggy and 1/8th scale cars and nothing really outstanding. If we all use the same CAD/CAM on the same problems we end up with the same answer, that's just engineering evolution. Sadly, you can't tell one 1/8th car from another, they all look generic.

A vertically mounted servo and narrow shaft alignment are not sufficient to be 'different' IMO.

Schumacher have always run belts in 2wd and 4wd, it's their 'thing' and they've never been know for following the crowd - shaft driven or not.

So no, I don't think they'll change to shaft.

(that being said, one guy has been told that alloy front upper housings are 'discontinued'...)
LayDown
BossCat inbound...

Last edited by bish; 18-10-2017 at 12:47 AM.