Thread: DEX408
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013

Hi Shaun. Things you need to watch out for are the centre driveshafts, they wear quite quickly and when you can you should upgrade to the clip ones like I have. As for spares just carry the same thing as you did with your Losi: arms, hinge pins, suspension inserts, ball ends, driveshafts, and some shock shafts + seals + spacer kits would be everything that I can envisage you needing.

It would also be good to get the dual position front C-hubs when you can (I found the bottom position was better - more steering and a bit easier to drive - Ben also thought this as well) and a few more different pairs of white springs and also a set of 2.2 and 2.4mm sway bars. Also check that you have the inserts to adjust front kick up as I like to run 11 degrees instead of the stock 10. Also another thing I like to do is run the 1 degree rear hubs - the rear end felt a little more planted when I did this.

You can't flip the shocks properly unless you have the PIGRC (you have to buy them from Italy) mounts that put the sway bar to the rear, otherwise it binds against the aluminium uprights due to the angle that it has to be bent to.