Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle View Post
Any slop in the ball joints and that will cause some bad rear end wobbling and it's pretty much impossible to eliminate all slop. Much better to have the axles trailing.
Could grab a sheet of Kydex and make a decent rear bumper?
Thanks for the advice It's a pity I can't make it like I had it in mind then: I was hoping I could put the shock tower in front of the shocks, so the plate would be just in front of the rear suspension arms. (a lot like the RB5's front end, but then on the rear of my car). You'd end up with the weight slightly less to the back, and a very low construction between the suspension arms itself (and to be honest, I'd do that just to make it look cool ). I can still do this, but I need to make a second, smaller plate for the toe turnbuckles if I do that.

A bumper may indeed be a good idea. I can also go for the option of constructing the rear end in a way that the shock tower will absorb most of the forces when it's hit on the rear end: A bit like the front end of the B44 and the Yokomo YZ-10 (which by the way looks very good as well imo)...