Thread: XRAY XB2
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2019
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Updates of the RF2..

I just thought I would share this little mod with you for the LIPO.

I have decided to try the LCG LIPO. I have changed the battery holders to allow for this. Will I see a difference from a standard LIPO height who knows, but thought I would try it.

So I removed the WILLSPEED battery holders and fitted the below, It may help people if you want to do the same....

1. Tuning Haus silver spacer 10mm high x2
2. XRAY Cone washers Black 2mm x2
3. EXOTEK Carbon Fibre Battery Tabs x1 pr
4. BALLS OUT 2mm Black spacers x2
5. M3 x 12mm Grub Screws x2
6. HUDY 35g LIPO Weight.

With this all installed ready to race with the SUNPADOW LCG LIPO fitted the RF2 Weighs in at 1541g. This allows for a Lower Centre of Gravity, but keeping the same weight, which what this buggy is all about....

All you need to do is twist the EXOTEK Battery Tabs and remove the LIPO, no need to un-screw anything.

If I want to remove the HUDY 35g Weight, I can just remove the top 2mm washer from the post and re-screw the Tab back in....

As for fitting the post to the chassis, I fitted the M3 x 12mm grub screw with a tiny amount of blue threadlock. The important part, I then placed the XRAY Cone washer (cone facing down) this was a perfect fit to allow a flat base to fit the Tuning Haus 10mm spacer.... then just a washer on top of the 10mm spacer to suit your LIPO being used. Mine was 2mm...

I also fitted up front the RDRP Alloy servo mounts and Carbon Fibre brace....

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES......

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****

Last edited by xfactor; 11-10-2019 at 05:45 PM.