View Single Post
Old 22-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Yes that's exactly my point southport has no jumps yet it has character and load of feature. The best bit being the bumpy back section, why couldn't we build a bumpy section? Kids wouldn't be bothered to rides their bike on that? Just something else if not jumps. A good well designed bumpy section would be brilliant. Surely there's no case against that?
Southports members complain about the bumpy section. It wears down tyres fast and scratches chassis.

Now before you say it yes, I know - Offroad racing!
All I'm saying is that you can't please everyone, and all track 'improvements' also have a downside.
I was in favor of concreting over the big central dome, with a Bury logo painted on as a change of surface - but then I did the Woodvale Rally meeting at Southport and killed a set of tyres. In an entire outdoor season with my 210 I've used up just 2 sets of Minispikes, and both were fine till I went to Southport. Our current track just doesn't wear tyres much which means the real cost of racing is a lot less. Might not sound much but if you add a bumpy section and tyres suddenly last meetings instead of months that won't help numbers either.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)