View Single Post
Old 25-01-2020

Default Getting back into the hobby - What car? What club?

Recently I got my old Team Durango DEX410R up and running and have been playing about with it in local car parks and some nearby BMX ramps. I only had a few spares for the car from 2010 which allowed me to get it going again, but now if anything happens to it I am going to be stuck as they're out of business so no spares availability.

The rest of the gear I have is solid if now a little dated (2010). Tekin RS Pro ESC with Hotwire, Tekin motor (I have a 6.5 and a 7.5), KO Propo Eurus radio, Hyperion charger, Vampire saddle lipos...

I'd like to try racing as it gets a bit boring at the car park(!) and it would be nice to be around some like minded people.

I live near Kingston-upon-Thames - can anyone recommend a good club to try that is up to an hour's drive away? I thought perhaps Eden Park Raceway?

In terms of the car I have, I'd like to update it due to the spares and the man logic of wanting a new toy! Looking around I like the look of the Cat L1 Evo. I think I could get away with the rest of the equipment I have. Any thoughts?