View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Mine would do that the best cure I found after trying cap moving receiver all the normal stuff is get rid and purchase a Sanwa x problem solved.
That's what happened to me - it was fine, it started to give problems, some were solved but in the end it wouldn't go away. Planet Futaba fixed it for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
few years ago we started to tape around the outside of the spectrum module when removed from transmitter then re fit, it makes the module a far tighter fit with no play and thus no play on the connecting pins inside, I think this was to solve a problem like yours, I have to admit I did the mod before I had any problems, I have had my ko since they were first on the market and its still going strong even if in the last year it has become my second transmitter….to a sanwa
This is one thing I tried that did help for a while. The problem seemed to be that dust and crap got into the receiver and caused almost a short circuit by bridging tracks and components on the biscuit board.

I took it out of the case, cleaned it carefully with a brush and no solvents and then taped the case up to hold it back together. For a while that worked fine, but after a couple more cleans the problem wouldn't go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy View Post
I have had the same problem... after many years and many many hours mine started doing the same... I changed everything in the car.. it seemed to sort it for a round then the glitching came back. Even added a new antenna to the module added tape to keep it tight etc. Powercaps etc... in the end I gave up got a sanwa gemmini x ... spot on
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Had similar problem with Futaba 3vcs on Spectrum , did all the above suggestions and the only thing that solved it was ........ Sanwa!!
Not much help I know , but in my opinion , cut your losses and make the move .
I agree with both the above - move on! Cost it up, but a good used 3VCS and the Futaba 2.4 module could come in less than a new Sanwa or Futaba. You can then use the FRSky TFR4 receiver which is a steal at £23 each. I have three and they are excellent and very reliable.

Since moving to Futaba I have never had a problem, and I run indoors all the time using 12th cars which are very demanding on installation and RC reliability. HTH