View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Default I have been asked to post!!!!

Re: Off-Road National at Silverstone Arena.

The comments on this discussion are escalating to an unacceptable degree.

The Silverstone Club have encountered a problem regarding onsite camping that was not known when they were awarded the National event. Discussions between myself and Silverstone have been taking place in an effort to minimise any disruption. These discussions are ongoing and as soon as the full picture is clear, the situation will be clarified, hopefully within a few days.

It is indeed a great pity that a few persons are continually making negative comments 'to the World' instead of giving the organisers the time needed to solve the issue. I sincerely hope that the site owners are not reading the comments as they may decide we are not the best organisation to use their venue. As entry closing date is over four weeks away, there is no urgency for the higher licence grade drivers to make any decisions regarding entering this event as yet.

The Silverstone National being held indoors in an arena is something new for us in recent years and naturally there will be unforeseen issues that have to be solved. We are always looking for something 'new' for our National Series and this is a venue that could be good for the future. So, it would be better to work with the organisers rather than against them.

Some persons should understand that the prime objective is too ensure top quality racing for the competitors. Whilst it is obvious that camping facilities have to be considered, the Section is not in the business of organising 'week-end breaks' for families. There are other venues that restrict caravans etc. to a small number and always have been.

We will ensure the situation is known when we have all the details.

Best regards,

Paul Worsley. (BRCA, 1/10 Off-Road Chairman).