View Single Post
Old 15-02-2015

A quick testing update as I've managed to have a couple of outdoor practice runs now. First was at Broxtowe a few weeks ago. Again the car seemed really stable but I was having a problem over the jumps with the car wanting to back flip. I had to really jam the brakes on mid air to get the car anywhere near level. Obviously this is not ideal landing with the wheels stationary and I was scared that the transmission life could be limited. The 2 options as I saw were to weight up the front or trim the rear wing. I decided to trim the rear wing down to its lowest setting and this weekend found myself near Grantham with time to kill so headed to A1 raceway on Saturday. The guys were doing some track maintenance in preparation for their iceman series the next day so I was grateful for them to allow me some running. The track was very wet and slippery with standing water in places so I ran some ballistic greens. Again it was great to drive, very agile and much easier to hit an apex than when it was a ZX5 and as a bonus it jumped nice and square too. The only problem I had was it kicking the back end out when exiting a corner which could have been my hamfistedness but if anyone has any suggestions to dial out this trait I'd be interested to hear. Anyway here's a quick vid from yesterday and thanks again to the guys at A1: