View Single Post
Old 14-07-2008

Yours points are spot on Chris.

Bury needs more club level racers. They can hold big one off meetings, (i.e. a national) that bring in revenue but no new members so it doesn't really help things out.

Certainly Bury needs to get some newbies in. Again Southport is at a geographic advantage because the track is in a public park so we get plenty of passers by and spectators. So I would agree that local model shops are your best bet for advertising.... When somebody goes into a shop to buy an RC car you need a shop thats going to actively try and sell a car that has the potential to be raced. Unfortunately most shops seem to concentrate on flogging nitro bashers these days.

If Bury can get the numbers up I think they need to offer club level competions. Nothing keeps youngsters more interested than points, prizes and trophies.

On a regional level I used to really enjoy the end of season interclub competion, where each club would pitch a team of F2,3, and 4. Many moons ago when I was a young F4 driver it was a real boost to be asked to represent my club. Maybe we have a chance to still do something like this.