View Single Post
Old 23-12-2006
#1 ZX5 fan

The car comes with a 102 tooth 48dp spur. Personally on a 10turn motor indoor I would most likely be on a 16t pinion, 17 outdoors. I add a tooth for every wind, so your looking at say an 18 for that 12 indoors. 19t's and stocks don't work on this formula, and you'll maybe need something less than 24 my formula suggests.

You can get 100, 102, 104, 106 spurs from X Factory.

I've still no experience of brushless so cannot help, I do know they like to be geared down and the 5.5 is a quick one. Defo start with a low pinion and work up. If you're stuggling with the small pinion, the 106 spur might be wise.

You can change both the diff and centre pulley for XX4 ones, though this is NOT necessary. The diff pulleys are perfect, sometimes the xx4 centre pulley can help reduce belt skip but don't think you need it.

Can I suggest you either tap or at least use the Losi tapping screw on the chassis as it will make better threads in the hard graphite that just driving screws straight in.

Also note the first time you run the car the slipper pucks like polish up and so might start slipping through that run. After that they will settle down and last forever, so don't panic. Just reset it for the next run then it should be fine.

I'll be on MSN a bit over xmas so give me a shout or reply on here for any other info.

Dan

OH I've just remembered something someone told me recently, with running the Novak speedo it just catches on the speedo and makes the shell sit up a fraction. Apparently if you cut and mount the shell clear, then gently heat the shell in that spot it will form round that corner and sit down perfectly. I suspect you'll need to take the protective film off the shell for this! And I take no responcibility if it balls' up!

Nortech is ACE!