Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 19-09-2008

Default Electric placement

I have a dilemma, have only one speedo and motor at the moment and dont want to be soldering all night. There are loads of moving parts inside the car...how u guys routing neatly? Have the worlds shell awaiting paint which has second hump for bit more room. Cable ties? More cable ties with a heat shrink chaser.
fyi losi excelorin/ mini futaba and till next month standard sized futaba servo..

Pics would be grand!!
Old 19-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's not the best car to be pulling bits in and out of! Ur best bet is to cable tye all the wires over the top deck in front of the spur.....cos you are right there are belts and the spur just waiting for the first chance to munch wires!!. It won't look very nice but it will be the best way to remove and replace electrics fast. Took me hours to wire mine up so I was happy with it....just got brushless so got to do it again now.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 20-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
It's not the best car to be pulling bits in and out of! Ur best bet is to cable tye all the wires over the top deck in front of the spur.....cos you are right there are belts and the spur just waiting for the first chance to munch wires!!. It won't look very nice but it will be the best way to remove and replace electrics fast. Took me hours to wire mine up so I was happy with it....just got brushless so got to do it again now.

Cable tied it up for now. might see if i can source a piece of carbon to create a bracket to run wires through.