Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 22-08-2012

Default TRANSMITTERS

Can anyone tell me which stick transmitters are the most popular/best at the moment? any input would be appreciated.
Old 22-08-2012

futaba 3vcs gets my vote
Old 22-08-2012
Banned

And mine, The 3VCS is great.
They don't make them like they used to

If your interested I may be selling one of mine, (I don't really need 2!)
Old 22-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How about the SANWA Exzes-X . There's also a deal on at the moment where you get 2 x recieves
Old 22-08-2012

Sanwa Exzes X.
Old 22-08-2012
Mad Member

Futaba 3VCS with the 2.4ghz FASST System is bulletproof, I've own one for 5 years and never had interference or binding loss.

And now that FrSky make a cheap and smaller receiver TFR4 at £25 each it's great value

It's a shame that Futaba have discontinued it, the UK is a strong stick market but world wide stick sales are next to nill due to all RTR's using wheel radio's, this killed the stick market.

I also believe KO have discon'd the Universe Esprit III

So unless you pick up a secondhand 3VCS or Esprit III, Sanwa is your only new option apart from lower spec'd radio, which do the job, JUST
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 23-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
Futaba 3VCS with the 2.4ghz FASST System is bulletproof, I've own one for 5 years and never had interference or binding loss.

And now that FrSky make a cheap and smaller receiver TFR4 at £25 each it's great value

It's a shame that Futaba have discontinued it, the UK is a strong stick market but world wide stick sales are next to nill due to all RTR's using wheel radio's, this killed the stick market.

I also believe KO have discon'd the Universe Esprit III

So unless you pick up a secondhand 3VCS or Esprit III, Sanwa is your only new option apart from lower spec'd radio, which do the job, JUST
I bought the frksky trf4 and had interference second time out. Car went full throttle into the wall of death then continued into a wall....

Be warned, I must have been very unlucky.
Old 23-08-2012

Thanks for all the input gents, much appreciated.
Old 24-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
How about the SANWA Exzes-X . There's also a deal on at the moment where you get 2 x recieves
Can you point me in the direction of who is offering this deal??

Its sad that manufacturers do not seem to be supporting the 2 channel 'stick' format for cars/boats... i've noticed that even the Sanwa Exzes radio seems to be listed permanently as out-of-stock on many of the popular online retailers, which makes me wonder if Sanwa are discontinuing the Exzes-X?
Old 24-08-2012

Don't know if this is the deal : http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-x-2-4ghz.html . But great for the price. I bought my Exzes-X when they first came out and paid a lot more than that for the radio plus the extra reciever... Best radio i've ever had though, fantastic bit of kit.

Paul.
Old 24-08-2012

the most popular one is the Sanwa exzes-X.

But there is no new stick transmitter out. Ko, Sanwa and Futaba have all new wheel transmitters but the sticks are all last generation. Looks like they are all waiting till one company starts bringing one to the market.

Only stick transmitter that came out lately are from china and those are not proven jet.
Old 24-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT3K View Post
Don't know if this is the deal : http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-x-2-4ghz.html . But great for the price. I bought my Exzes-X when they first came out and paid a lot more than that for the radio plus the extra reciever... Best radio i've ever had though, fantastic bit of kit.

Paul.
Thanks for that link Paul... not sure if I can justify the best part of £400 for a new radio at the moment, but that does look a decent deal with the extra RX... I wonder if that deal still exists for the two sets which are on backorder?

I brought a Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz set a few years ago to replace an JRApex radio that I seemed to have had on permernant loan from a friend & thought I ought to give it back lol! The 3GR is perfect in terms of its functions Vs price, except that I just can't get on with the way is feels... like theres a minute delay between an input & the car acting on it. I'm now on my 2nd transmitter after the first one died & they do feel cheap to hold - so all in all I've never been quite fully satisfied with it

Its sad if manufacturers do not see a market for stick radios.. So many of us have grown up using sticks & will struggle to convert to a wheel radio - besides i'm not a fan of the way the pistol grip radios look, for me they look toy-like compared to the more techinical appearance of a stick TX.

P.S; It appears that Masami is still using his KO Vantage despite KO releasing their weird pistol radio that you can convert to a stick layout
Old 24-08-2012

You can only convert the steering wheel to stick. The new ko sould never be a stick radio. KO had the same layout years ago and just came back with this option. Back than they had both stick and wheel too. Masami never drove wheel so why sould he switch?
When they introduced the KO radio even masami didnt know if there will be a sticks version.
But I am sure there will be a sanwa stick radio next year.