Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 18-05-2015

Default Pinion help

When ever I change a smaller pinion for a big one and a smaller spur gear the pinion always slips and gets stuck on the motor and strips the spur gear any reason why this is happening? I have the Hpi efirestorm flux, I'm new to rc cars
Old 18-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris105 View Post
When ever I change a smaller pinion for a big one and a smaller spur gear the pinion always slips and gets stuck on the motor and strips the spur gear any reason why this is happening? I have the Hpi efirestorm flux, I'm new to rc cars
If you havent meshed the pinion and spur correctly then that can do this, but its possible the pinion is not the same pitch as the spur gear so would advise not using again and buying some new pinions in the same pitch as the spur gear, quite possibly 48dp. Also would advise buying several, im using these as an example only but 20, 21, 22 and 23 as you dont want to kill you motor by over gearing so by having a selection means you can achieve a more perfect gear ratio that will better suit your gear. I hope this makes sense.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 18-05-2015

Thanks for the reply, I was using a 35t pinion with a 77t spur, 48dp I might not have messed them probably, might give it another go