Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 11-11-2010

Default Problems with Ansmann Blizzard- choose a X4 Pro

Hello everybody,
I am new in this forum. First I would like to apologize for my mistakes. I am not a native English speaker, but I hope you can unterstand what I mean. Since a few weeks I am an owner of the Ansmann Blizzard and honestly I would not buy it again for several reason and choose the X4, also known as the tc04. Everybody you want to have a good durable buggy with lipo stick packs- should buy the x4 pro and drill the chassis or take the chassis of the blizzard or just buy a different model. Some of you may think that there cannot be such a big difference between these two versions, but there is:

It hasn't got a slipper AND there is something not straight or not well produced, maybe it is the center shaft of the blizzard or the spur gear mount is not properly centered (the whole is not 100% in the middle). The result is: it is nearly impossible to set the gear mesh properly- if you let rotate the spur gear, then there is a point where the distance between the Spur gear and the pinion is too big and then to small. I have rebuilt the whole center unit two times to check if it was my mistake, but it's always the same.

Another thing is the quality of the chassis. The plastic seems to be good, but some parts (the upper deck) are not well made, it is simply not straight. If you look from the bird's eye perspective the front upper deck goes some milimeters to the left, so you have to use some force to straigthen it and to connect it to the motor mount. It is not a big problem, but even my old AE B3 and T3 and my E- Firestorm, even my Tt-01 don't have this.

The front shocks are totally useless!!! They come preassembled, that's good, but they are SOOOO leaky!!!! When you compress the damper, you can see how the oil runs out. I took some old AE O- rings to solve the problem. Now it' s ok.

The biggest problem is that the center outdrives (not the diff outdrives) are made of (cheap) plastic. The result: I use a GM (Graupner) Dr. Speed Brushless Motor (450 Watt) with a 2s Lipo and the rear outdrive melted not even after 5 minutes!!!! I bought a second one and istalled it and it happened again! Unfortunatelly an option version made of steel does not exist for the rear center outdrive, so if you want to keep this buggy you have to buy the expensive center cvd's and through away the steel center dogbones!! I do not understand why they made them of plastic. I called Ansmann in Germany and the support did not have any proper solution except buying the expensive cvd's. OK, if you buy it from Hong Kong it costs 34 Dollar (in Germany it costs nearly 60$, IMO they are sick!) . What makes me really angry is the fact that after buying the cvd's I cannot use the dogbones which seem to be strong.

In my opinion it is not good for a company when you offer a entry car, that could be good, but does not run even 5 minutes and you HAVE to upgrade. The worst thing is, that upgrading (CVD'S Shocks and Slipper unit) costs more than a x4 Pro. Beginners loose the fun because of avoidable mistakes made by the producer.

An other thing what I don' like is the fact, that you have to remove millions of screws before you can change the spur gear. I know it is not so unusual, but there are some cars too, where you just remove 4 screws and you can disassemble the spur gear unit.
Concerning the handling I had really much fun (in the 5 minutes). It is very neutral with only a slight oversteer, simply very fast!!!

If there are some other Blizzard owners, I would like to know if you have the same problems with melted plastic outdrives and a wobbling spur gear and if you have solved them. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2010
Mad Member

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry you've had a bad experience with the Blizzard. I must say that, although the X4 is £60 more, it is more than £60 better given the alluminium threaded shocks, slipper clutch and CVDs.

Ideally, if your intention is to race then the X4 is the car to go for. If you run sticks then you will need the Blizzard chassis and body, since the X4 chassisis too narrow to take sticks, even with the central spine Dremelled out.