Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 04-01-2012
Mad Member

Default DMCC Annual Subscriptions are now due

Hi all,

Please find the 2012 DMCC membership forms at the link below.
Memberships fees are due no later than January 31st 2012.

No membership fees will be accepted without your current crystal (or 2.4ghz) and personal transponder details.

http://dublinmodelracing.com/Rule%20...20Template.pdf

Regards,

William White
DMCC Committee
Old 09-01-2012

So far a total of 14 members have signed up for this year!
come on guys get yours in.
Old 09-01-2012
Mad Member

Am I right in saying Mick, that if you don't join by the first of February, then you will be charged 15 euro as opposed to 10 euro if you are a member?
Old 09-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Am I right in saying Mick, that if you don't join by the first of February, then you will be charged 15 euro as opposed to 10 euro if you are a member?
Correct!

This was something that was brought it to encourage people to join the club as a few years ago we had loads of racers but hardly any members!
Old 09-01-2012

Quote:
Yes as will says, and for only €30 or €20 for a junior its very cheap to be a member
Old 09-01-2012

Would I be correct if I said: if you are not a 'club' member your points/position in the 'club' championship have no standing? or can anybody race in the 'club' championship, gain points/position and not be a member of the club?
Old 09-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
Would I be correct if I said: if you are not a 'club' member your points/position in the 'club' championship have no standing? or can anybody race in the 'club' championship, gain points/position and not be a member of the club?
Kevin,

It's my understanding that the €10 +€5 (=€15 as above) is for non-members to race on the day. The additional €5 makes them a club member for the day.
(Totally new people are given a few meeting grace period from requiring club membership.)

So basically on a club day everyone is a club member, either fully paid up year member or a day member. Also day members can transfer over to full membership, and keep the points they have already scored.
So someone can race at a club round as a day member, €15 race fee score points. At the next club round join the club, thus race fee drops to the normal €10 for club members. But this would be their second round in the club championship.
That the way I see it, but open to correction.

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 09-01-2012

MiCk,

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense, the more racers, the better for everybody

Kevin
Old 10-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCk B. View Post
Kevin,

It's my understanding that the €10 +€5 (=€15 as above) is for non-members to race on the day. The additional €5 makes them a club member for the day.
(Totally new people are given a few meeting grace period from requiring club membership.)

So basically on a club day everyone is a club member, either fully paid up year member or a day member. Also day members can transfer over to full membership, and keep the points they have already scored.
So someone can race at a club round as a day member, €15 race fee score points. At the next club round join the club, thus race fee drops to the normal €10 for club members. But this would be their second round in the club championship.

No correction needed dude, spot on!
Old 10-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCk B. View Post
Kevin,

You're sort of right - so let's clear this up.
  1. Only fully paid up club members qualify for end of championship points.
  2. As per the rule book, there is a 5 euro insurance levy for non-members on top of the race fee. This allows the club to make the driver a temporary member for the day and allows them to be covered under the insurance policy. The club has a practice of dropping this levy from the start of the indoors to Xmas as there is no point in a driver paying for membership so late in the year and it is unfair to penalise those who don't.
  3. The 5 euro insurance levy - so race fees for non members will be 15 euro (seniors) and 10 euros (juniors) - will be reinstated from February 1st.
  4. New racers (new to the sport) are not charged either a race fee or an insurance fee for the first 2 weeks that they attend. Drivers from other classes and clubs with experience would not be classified as new racers.
  5. It would be fully legal to race in a championship paying the extra 5 euro each round and then pay your membership before the last round - but this would be an expensive way of going about it - best just pay the membership fee up front.
To put this into simple terms - for the club to run well and for the organisers to be able to plan ahead (new tracks, new jumps, new expenditure) we need to know who is onboard. So I would encourage anyone who plans to race in the DMCC more than 3 or 4 times during the season to join the club.
Old 10-01-2012

Thanks william i know if i waited long enough you sort this out... lol
Old 25-01-2012

This sunday is the last sunday racing of the month, after this there will will be a €5 insurance levy for all non-member racing on the day, so get your membership in fast to avoid this levy.
Old 25-01-2012

Is it ok to pay membership up at the Naul on Sunday?
Old 25-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzerp View Post
Is it ok to pay membership up at the Naul on Sunday?

Yep of course it is