Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 10-02-2012
#1 ZX5 fan

Default HTC Evo 3D and T-Mobile

Need a new phone and considering getting an HTV Evo 3D on T-Mobile. Would be very interested in comment on both the phone (I know it's not a common one but 1.2ghz dual core, gig ram etc) and any comment sbout 3G signal on T-Mobile?

More comments on T-Mobile needed as I can't see an HTC phone running Gingerbread and due Icecream Sandwhich next month being bad. Where as I know T-Mobile has traditionally not been great for reception.

Ta much

Nortech is ACE!
Old 10-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Dan
Sorry, not particularly relevant to the question above, but i know you were looking for a smartphone a few weeks back.
My contract is ending and i will hopefully be picking up my new phone on Monday. My Samsung Galaxy S will therefore be surplus to requirements if you are interested. They go for around £150 on ebay. It's mint, comes with all original box, wires, chargers etc, 2 cases. It's sim free also. I can send pics if you are interested, drop me your email etc.

As for t-mobile. I was on them 18 months ago before my current contract and i found them pretty good. I'm currently on orange and they have been ok recently but were quite patchy several months back when they were merging the 2 networks together. Hopefully someone who is currently on t-mobile can comment further.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 10-02-2012

Hi Dan,

T-Mobile and Orange are now one company, called everything everwhere and as such customers network share.

Both networks run gsm 1800 mhz rather than 900 mhz like o2 and vodafone and this means the reception for voice and text requires you to be within 15kms of a base station rather than the 27kms of a base station on o2 or vodafone.

Plus side both networks have always been good for 3g service certainly better than vodafone and far better than o2.

So what you get is a bad service for calls and a good one for internet.
I should also add that if you live in the countryside it makes little differance as the networks put most of there efforts into high population density areas.

Both Orange and T-mobile are having some massive infrastructure changes and customer service is typically bad to terrible at best. Both companies have zero return policys so if you buy the phone they WILL NOT take it back.

Hope that helps, can't help with that handset as if you ask Jim he will tell you i have only used and will ever use blackberry since 2004!!

Oh and T-mobile are about to go to market with an unlimited internet tarif for under £40....

X4TE
X2C
Old 10-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

orange panther tariff is where it's at! £23/month, 1.7gb data, free BT openzone hotpsots, free sky sports mobile tv.
for once they offered me a useful upgrade instead of forcing me to leave!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 14-02-2012
Mad Member

it looks a damn good phone,
my mate has one and his signal and 3g signal is always full or just 1 notch off full,

ive just purchased one for less than half price of any of the local phone shops,

car phone warehouse want £549 sim free,

phones for you want £499 sim free,

asda £229 sim free

http://direct.asda.com/HTC-Evo-3D-An...efault,pd.html