Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 09-01-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default Saddle pack weight

Hi,

I have just started a project to build an X6 sq.
I will not be buying the EC kit, but buying parts seperately, and using an old B4 as the basis. This is because I want to get some of the more exotic parts such as the DDP motor plate, B44 hubs etc etc... I am also buying the pre-made saddle chassis in plastic. I also want to spread the cost of the project and time over the next 3 months or so

However, I am asking about adding weight to the car, and more importantly, a basic overview of tuning with regards to weight and the saddle packs, and moving back to sticks when it gets wet/slippy.

From what I can see and have read...
With saddles, the servo weight seems to be reduced slightly, as well as the under ESC weight. Any difference in overall weight between Stick and saddle lipo is taken up by weights in the cell slots under the saddles, normally about 35-40g. Is this about right??

I run vampire lipo saddles which are very light (about 40g less than other lipos).

Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
Hi,

I have just started a project to build an X6 sq.
I will not be buying the EC kit, but buying parts seperately, and using an old B4 as the basis. This is because I want to get some of the more exotic parts such as the DDP motor plate, B44 hubs etc etc... I am also buying the pre-made saddle chassis in plastic. I also want to spread the cost of the project and time over the next 3 months or so

However, I am asking about adding weight to the car, and more importantly, a basic overview of tuning with regards to weight and the saddle packs, and moving back to sticks when it gets wet/slippy.

From what I can see and have read...
With saddles, the servo weight seems to be reduced slightly, as well as the under ESC weight. Any difference in overall weight between Stick and saddle lipo is taken up by weights in the cell slots under the saddles, normally about 35-40g. Is this about right??

I run vampire lipo saddles which are very light (about 40g less than other lipos).

Thanks,
Mark
You have it exactly right with regards to the weights.

Although so far over here I have not found the need to go back to sticks at all even when wet. You just remove a bit more front weight.

E.
Old 09-01-2011
Mad Member

Would you remove weight from the servo area, or under the speedo in this case?

Cheers
Mark
Old 10-01-2011

Servo area first.
Old 10-01-2011
#1 ZX5 fan

Mark,

Exact amounts of weight are fairly personal and effected also by radio gear.

Personally as a starting dry medium / high grip outdoor starting setup I have a lead plate in the servo area (65g) and a plate under the speedo (40g). This might subtly change depending on track but if it rains, I take the lead plate out of the servo area and add two strips under the cells (2*20g) to move the balance backwards. With no other setup changes it makes it MUCH better on wet astro with more forward drive and generally more confidence.

As this setup change takes about 2 minutes tops it's actually a very handy way that it's evolved.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 10-01-2011
Mad Member

Thanks for tips both, I am just trying to gauge which Rudebits parts I really want

Should be ace once its built though. Having something to look forward to over the next few weeks, really does get me through.

See you at a race meeting soon.