Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Default BURY METRO Winter Indoor Series 2009/2010 Dates

Here's the dates for the Winter Indoor Series 2009 / 2010!!

Im publishing now simply so other clubs can perhaps fit there meets around our dates to save clashes.

Also these dates DO NOT clash with Worksops Indoor series 2009 / 2010, i have checked this already with Muzzy.

One thing which will be confirmed nearer the time will be the start time. We have left the doors open time at 10am for now.. But if this event starts to become a regular turn out of 80+ drivers (nearly 100 turned up on the 18th Jan for our 3rd ever meet..) we will then defo open up much earlier so we get earlier finish times...

We as a club are really chuffed how successfull we have been up to now with this new indoor venue, numbers have increased quite significantly since our first meet back in November, and we thank everyone for the support they are giving us by turning up. If this support continues to grow this event could become as popular as Worksop

Cheers

Nick

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/...09%202010b.pdf

Old 21-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Im publishing now simply so other clubs can perhaps fit there meets around our dates to save clashes.

Also these dates DO NOT clash with Worksops Indoor series 2009 / 2010, i have checked this already with Muzzy.
Assuming Worksop have 7 rounds again, and your having 8, good luck to other clubs that want to hold meetings next winter, nevermind a regional series.

Ah well, back to planning the 2011/12 calander...
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
Assuming Worksop have 7 rounds again, and your having 8, good luck to other clubs that want to hold meetings next winter, nevermind a regional series.

Ah well, back to planning the 2011/12 calander...

Hope thats not a dig??? The events we have put on have proven very popular..so it would seem daft to stop them?? In the North West decent indoor offroad meets are very thin on the ground. Maybe we could incorporate a regional round with 1 or 2 of the dates? I do all the worksop rounds have travelled to Broxtowe and York and will be doing Southport GP... as do a number of the Bury clan..so between us all we support other clubs.

Cheers

Nick
Old 21-01-2009
Super Moderator

Tom does have a very good point here, it is hard enough to arrange regional series as it is.

I'm afraid 'large number of rounds' series might actually kill off clubs if we are not careful. At the very best it will dilute the number of racers at each event. I was specifically asked by NE clubs in 2008 (outdoors this is) to limit the number of weekends that a regional was on, as clubs were getting low numbers to club days.

Also, the last weekend in March is normally Indoor Finals weekend, this year is just a special case

Not having a go, just trying to help

G
Old 21-01-2009

Not a dig, as I have enjoyed the rounds I have attended and will do more when I can.

I'm not saying stop them either, I just think that with 15 weekends taken up in the North by Worksop/Bury, and a Regional Series on top of that, there is very little scope for other clubs to have a chance to run winter meetings.
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Tom does have a very good point here, it is hard enough to arrange regional series as it is.

I'm afraid 'large number of rounds' series might actually kill off clubs if we are not careful. At the very best it will dilute the number of racers at each event. I was specifically asked by NE clubs in 2008 (outdoors this is) to limit the number of weekends that a regional was on, as clubs were getting low numbers to club days.

Also, the last weekend in March is normally Indoor Finals weekend, this year is just a special case

Not having a go, just trying to help

G
G,

Not a problem mate.. we wanted to get our dates in to the center to save disapointment on looseing the venue... Talking to them they have alot booked up already.. hence getting it sorted now.. and giving you that form and the broxtowe lads a form.

Like i said we would be more than happy to run a regional or 2 im sure...

Cheers

Nick
Old 21-01-2009
Super Moderator

Nick,

I think what you and the other Bury guys have done is great, it's good to see the Bury club healthy again, it's just the NE and NW seem to share a lot of common racers and they can only be in one place at a time.

I took your form, but put it in my bag, didn't look at the dates on the day sorry

G
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Nick,

I think what you and the other Bury guys have done is great, it's good to see the Bury club healthy again, it's just the NE and NW seem to share a lot of common racers and they can only be in one place at a time.

I took your form, but put it in my bag, didn't look at the dates on the day sorry

G
G,

No probs.. but i know for a fact woOdy / Roger were considering joining a different region NE or Mid West ??!?! Im sure they will be along to confirm.. If thats the case theres no reason why we couldnt hold a regional round or 2 at Bury?

Cheres

Nick
Old 21-01-2009
Super Moderator

Nick, as a club you can run regionals for whoever you wanted to (within reason), so can run them for the NE & the NW

G
Old 21-01-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
G,

No probs.. but i know for a fact woOdy / Roger were considering joining a different region NE or Mid West ??!?! Im sure they will be along to confirm.. If thats the case theres no reason why we couldnt hold a regional round or 2 at Bury?

Cheres

Nick
You carry on mate! The more u do the less I do! lol. I have not been spoke to about these dates so I do understand what Tom and G are saying. I think 8 is too many.

This is 1 for G, Regards running a Regional I did ask you for an indoor Regional this year but got no answer so you will have to let me know if the North East want to come.
Old 21-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Things have changed big time. Go back 10 years and people didn't travel half as much as they do now. In the NW we had loads of big strong clubs and could race many times per week (Bury, Southport, Chorley, Oldham, Rochdale, South Lakes, Ellesmere Port, Bolton) and the NW regional series was huge winter and summer, and the only person travelling to the NE to race was Craggy (Fair-do's, the level of skill over there was always high). But also, it had only a small number really doing nationals, but now things have changed and majority want to do nationals - taking away numbers from clubs? or did the clubs go first?

This has all gone, and the NW drivers mostly now travel to NE and Worksop for winter, its really unfortunate and a shame that the NW has been so quiet other than Formby, and thats only really due to its loyal club racers who rarely travel. I am really glad Bury is strengthening.

I am all for Bury keeping these dates, its bringing back what the NW had. Right now its reliant on people travelling too though, but if this sort of growth and event continues, hopefully it'll be what the NW region needs for more racers to start up and things may return to people not travelling as far and separation of NW from NE compared to current, who knows, it may mean a shop opens up in the area again , bring back Steve Glover.

So for NE regionals, unless if Bury become part of the NE regionals, perhaps force the regional clash to be during NERCR and/or Jarrow? Hope im not poking a hornets nest with that.
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
You carry on mate! The more u do the less I do! lol. I have not been spoke to about these dates so I do understand what Tom and G are saying. I think 8 is too many.

This is 1 for G, Regards running a Regional I did ask you for an indoor Regional this year but got no answer so you will have to let me know if the North East want to come.
Why is 8 to many?
Old 21-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
So for NE regionals, unless if Bury become part of the NE regionals, perhaps force the regional clash to be during NERCR and/or Jarrow? Hope im not poking a hornets nest with that.
That's not exactly fair on those clubs, they already struggle to get enough numbers there for regionals. As a large number of the people from the south of the region won't drive this far north, being this high must give them nose bleeds or something.

Peter
Old 21-01-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i don't think they will affect any regional dates, as most if not all people realize no regionals no license grade,and any clash regionals should and would take priority,
Old 21-01-2009
Super Moderator

Indoor regionals mean jack for your F grade Lion-O......

G
Old 16-02-2009

after jus skimming this thread it seems a similar problem to what happened with the rallycross over the last year or so.

To many clubs ran, not checking dates with each other, therefore numbers at all meetings were low.

This meaning there was not enough people to run a meeting properly leading for racing which was no fun really as you were guaranteed a high finishing postion and also bad for the clubs.

This killed the rally cross in the midlands region for most of the 07 winter and start of 08. Things now seem to have sorted them selves out a bit and there is something each week with not many meetings clashing anymore!!!

Just my input, as i've seen this happen and it appears the same thing is happening here!

Matt
Old 09-07-2009
Mad Member

As people are asking here is the thread..

6 rounds..

Cheers

Nick
Old 09-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Who wants to do some SC10/Slash/Strike racing?
Old 09-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Indoor regionals mean jack for your F grade Lion-O......

G
Just a couple of questions on this.

Can we change this?

Why is an F rating only rated on out door performance?

May be there should be two ratings? Indoor and Out Door

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/