Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 22-03-2010

Default HOME MADE MADNESS

First of I would like to say hello, my name is Steve and im 46 from Sarasota Florida. i would like to share some things i do. here are a few things i have done ... if you want to view more just go to youtube page and type in HPI BLITZ 101 ,and there you will see just about everything i have done to my blitz PLEASE ENJOY IT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOlI4guVaqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2paLV8Z7bw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVISj9DT1sQ
Old 24-03-2010
Mad Member

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum,

Excellent vids and thanks for posting them.

Im half tempted to have a go myself.

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 25-03-2010

There i was reading a thread about knock off durango's.

Surely this is a breach of copyright?

X4TE
X2C
Old 25-03-2010

Really good stuff!

It's taking that extra step by going through the effort to share your knowlege and experience through a medium like youtube that makes so much difference to helping out so many others. Cheers, sir!

I'm a teacher (equivalent of high school) and I'll be working with some kids to engineer and build their own RC cars of their own design in a couple of months. I'd toyed with the idea of them making bucks and vac-formed bodies for the cars - but dismissed it as too much hassle. I'm inspired again now... Nice!

Ty
Old 04-04-2010

if i were selling them i could see it being a problem.......but i just make them for me and my friends...... i see no problem with that......look at the money im saving plus i have a body for each day of the week
Old 14-11-2010

By copying the bodyshells you are indeed breaking copyright - even if you are only making them for you and your friends - you mention in one of your 101's that you can stil see the HPI mark - you are making exact duplicates and are leaving yourself open to potential prosecution.

Put yourself in the shoes of HPI, they have designed something that's saleable and popular, manufactured it and allowed for costs in R&D, manufacturing, shipping and retailing, allowing for those involved to be paid a living wage, taxes etc. And then you come along and basically are stealing their product....if you or your friends wanted an HPI body just like that you should buy it - you are potentially doing people out of a job!
Old 14-11-2010
Mad Member

Bit steep really to comment on doing people out of a job. I hate how we can be so pc now a days.

Yep if he was selling them in vast quantities, its a no no, but there not perfect, there probably not as strong due to the consistency of the pull and how its heated up not uniformly( is that even a word ha ha ).

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 15-11-2010

I think copyright can only be legally pursued if he's selling what he's making. Regardless of the quality, but if they're only for his personal use, regardless that he might be on shaky grounds with copyright, he's not making a financial gain, so it would cost the copyright holders more to pursue any claim than it would be worth.
Old 15-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good work, but I do see everyones point too with copyright. Personally id have kept it very hush hush... even if id have made some slight changes too, which you haven't.
Old 15-11-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

How many who said about copy right copy a cd or make their own music mix or download illegally ?
Old 28-11-2010

Thanks for posting! This is a great way to make different bodies for custom projects or my, what I consider, somewhat ugly X6 that there are no other body options available I know of.
Old 28-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to JonMack Send a message via Skype™ to JonMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx836 View Post
Thanks for posting! This is a great way to make different bodies for custom projects or my, what I consider, somewhat ugly X6 that there are no other body options available I know of.
http://phatbodies.bigcartel.com/prod...zen-shell-wing
Old 29-11-2010

Thanks for the link! I figured there was some out there, but couldn't track any down. I know I have seen one other one as well.
Old 29-11-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx836 View Post
Thanks for the link! I figured there was some out there, but couldn't track any down. I know I have seen one other one as well.
That must have been Azarashi shell.
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaba453 View Post
if i were selling them i could see it being a problem.......but i just make them for me and my friends...... i see no problem with that......look at the money im saving plus i have a body for each day of the week
Every sale of an original item you prevent is in effect a theft from the company who designed and manufactured the original. You buy one item and have bought the right to use that one item - NOT to duplicate it and distribute it amongst your friends for gain or otherwise.

It's not about the financial gain he's making, more the financial loss to a business he's causing. If he has the skill to make a copy, it's only one step away from making an original of his own design and then he could sell them or give them away as he pleases.

Why doesn't he write to the company and ask permission to copy their products and see what they say....
Old 03-12-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

That's assuming that for every copy he makes is a sale that the company would of otherwise have made. The music industry has been making that mistake for years when totalling up the damage done by piracy.

My personal view although is that he shouldn't really make exact clones, if he can do the forming himself that well he should just spend a bit of time with some clay and wood and make some moulds himself, then he could churn them out till his hearts content without any flak.

www.rcbearings.co.uk