Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 03-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default F345 nationals?

Has anything been said any further about this posibility next year?

Its all gone a bit quiet. And returning to 10th next year wondered if it had been considered further? as I loved doing the Nats but there looks less chance nowadays to get in if you're not an F2/F1.
Old 03-09-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I guess from a BRCA perspective, it would take someone to propose it to the AGM and see what happens.
Old 03-09-2012

That would be great!!! Kinda of a way to qualify for full fat nationals
Old 05-09-2012
Administrator

I'm in the same position - When I started racing just over 10 years ago it was EASY to get into nationals. I was probably an F5 or F4 when I did my first national and in my first full season I finished around 75th or there abouts in 2WD. I got into the D final at the final round in 2003 I think.
I really don't have time to commit to regionals but I really would like to see the varied people that nationals and even Euros bring. Sadly without doing regionals I can't possibly do nationals - which means I can no longer do Euros either.

Thankfully - there may be an answer on the horizon!
Old 05-09-2012

I personally think regionals should be held the same weekend as nationals. That way you don't get f1-f2n or f2 drivers who are already doing the nationals anyway racing them and others have a chance to get a better grade

Then at the end if season the bottom 30 national drivers are relegated back to regionals the following season and have to requalify for the EOS finals where the top 30 being given a place in the following years nationals

At least then the eos finals will be a real target to go for with it being a one off meeting a driver having a good day could just make the nationals the following year
Old 06-09-2012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniemiester View Post
I personally think regionals should be held the same weekend as nationals. That way you don't get f1-f2n or f2 drivers who are already doing the nationals anyway racing them and others have a chance to get a better grade

Then at the end if season the bottom 30 national drivers are relegated back to regionals the following season and have to requalify for the EOS finals where the top 30 being given a place in the following years nationals

At least then the eos finals will be a real target to go for with it being a one off meeting a driver having a good day could just make the nationals the following year
#+*%&£$ LOL. The current BRCA national and regional system is proven to be VERY successful, if it 'aint broke don't fix it.

Maybe something like the old 'Radio Race Car' series is needed, not clashing with any nationals or regionals (in the area the events are held). You guys that can't get into the nationals because you don't have F-grades could do this series (to get your 'big-event-fix') while doing your regionals to get an F-grade to enter the proper nationals the following year?

Anyone?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 13-09-2012

Just been reading back through an early season report and it seems Jimmy was planting seeds way back when he was at the Stotfold National. Read the 'Jimmy's random thoughts' box near the top of the report...
Old 13-09-2012
Mad Member

I think a F3,4,5's narional series is a good idea but how would you qualify for the F1,2's

I think to do this properly you would have to scrap regionals or make the highest grade at regionals F3.

This way the only way to qualify for the premiership F1,2's is by finishing highly in the championship F3,4,5's series