Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-11-2008
Mad Member

Default B-MAX4 transmission tight?

Anyone else having a few issues with the B-MAX4 transmission?

I'm a little disappointed to be honest. Seems like the tolerances on some of the plastic mouldings are way too tight, it puts pressure on the bearings and things don't spin freely.

On the centre transmission case, the lower half is fine, but add the top deck and top cap and it all tightens up. I've had to remove quite a lot of material from the inside of the top deck and from the top cap to get it to spin freely (probably a little too much in fact which is just as annoying).

On the front and rear gearbox cases, the standard shimming is way, way too tight, I can't imagine anyone getting away with it. Plus the diffs don't spin freely with a shim on each side, they jam up in the cases. I ran the car on Thursday night with the alternative setting in the manual, but it's still too tight, I've now taken a shim off the diffs to put it on the loosest setting, this is better but on the edge of being too loose.

It's almost as if the plastics used in the mouldings haven't shrunk as much as Yokomo intended and everything is a couple of tenths too big.

Anyone else found this or have I just been unlucky with my parts?