Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-07-2011

Default TRF-511 -The end of the road?

i am a happy 511 owner however after the recent IFMAR championships, i cannot help but think Tamiya are going to push for the 502x development.. I am not just talking about where Lee came (which i think was very respectable), it was more to do with the overwhelming majority of shaft driven cars in the top tiers. Even in Europe the Team Associated b44.1 (which lets be honest has a fair few similarities with the 502x) takes up a large chunk of the final groups.. This is not a debate of shaft vs belt but just wondering that if the 502x could be developed just like the 501x was (and here is another one would you prefer to drive a 501 or a 502x?), Tamiya could have another great car on their hands just like the 511 is/was. Maybe Lee could answer this one but from a business model point of view Tamiya surely need to develop the 502x and have their top drivers racing it considering they don't even produce (or if they do in small numbers) the 511 anymore..

apologies if this seems a bit of a rant but just wanted to share my thoughts and see what everyone else thinks..