Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-08-2011

Default 10 Years out, Thinking of making a comeback

Hello to all... im new to the site.

I packed in racing 10years ago after racing for 7years between the age of 9-17. I started racing at Peterlee Buggy club when it was in its prime in the early 90's and raced at Durham City Model Car Club in its hay day at Belmont School and Nissan. I loved racing but got to the age where drinking and going round mates houses was more appealing. I am now, however, of the age (27) where im married housed and fathered and im starting to get "twitchy thumbs". With being out of the Sport as long as i have i feel im very much out of touch with whats going on in the wonerful world of RC Racing these days. I know after speaking to Bill Alison on facebook that you guys race up at seaham every other sunday, what times is this on? and are there any other venues localy that hold regular meetings? Also what cars are most popular these days? my last car was a Predator XK98 and i absolutely loved that car. They're not around anymore though are they? Im completely out of touch with what radio gear is being used now... im 27 and like a dinosaur.