Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-10-2012

Right

Some facts

My Laps is Imported into the UK by Rob Nelson of BBK.

He offered to come to the AGM and explain the new system to those club and section officials who wanted to learn about it.
A gap was put in the training seminar on Saturday for Rob to give his presentation and he was in the foyer at the AGM yesterday.
Those of you who've been to the AGM a few times will have seen Rob doing this every year I can remember.

By all accounts it was very interesting.

It will raise some questions for all of us, the clubs (my home clubs just bought an RC3 system too) and the sections as well

However the BRCA (which is us all really) arn't consulted on any of My Laps R&D we hear about it when you hear about it - as we are You - there is no IT..

There is No Commission paid, they don't even advertise with us, they are a supplier to the RC industry just like any other.

This change will cost us all a few quid at some point i'm sure but personally AMB/My laps equipmenty I've always found to be a good product so I'll stick with it.

There has been some discussion about the MRT compatability, but I can understand why My Laps wouldn't even consider it - it's not their product why would they?
I suppose this is the risk we take in purchasing a cheaper alternative - at some point somebody is going to move the goalposts.