Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-01-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Incorrect. SHRCCC have no plans to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Thanks for the reply guys. Okay I understand. It seems like such an unnecessary expense. Im in my first proper job from uni so don't earn a great deal. I have to plan my racing budget carefully now it seems I have to buy these new transponders. Since my move down south I don't belong to a club anymore so wont be able to get any of the discount. This sort of thing can stop me from racing for a month. We all already know the cost of racing is huge anyway without having to replace things that work fine.

I have had no problems since MRT sold me two clones for the price of one. They have never skipped a beat and fit in the car easily and also look okay.

I found out last night that my new region will be changing so if I want to compete at the regionals down here I will need to upgrade and buy the new transponders. It is infuriating for me so much so I was just put off going racing today as planned to race at the TORCH winter series as I thought I cant afford the tyres to race if Im going to need to buy these new transponders.

Its times like this I did wish I was still up north and I take my hat off to my old club YORCC for them sticking up for what I think is right. I think this whole situation sticks!

Before anyone says its progress etc I cant honestly remember the last time I saw a problem with missed laps. I see that it works fine so why change? It seems to be like clubs are being bullied into this and brainwashed into thinking it is actually better for us all.