Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2013
Administrator

Default New multicopter / flight section!

Hey up - I didn't realise the popularity of multicopters in particular on oople until the other day.
I've been planning on getting a good film-ready copter for about the last year.

I first ordered a Y copter (900mm) from hobbyking along with the kk board and all the rest of the stuff needed. I have a Futaba 8FG with Sbus already. I really liked the look of Y-copter footage and still might get one - but in the end I decided to go back to a large HEX. The Y-copter of course never came because one item was out of stock so it was an easy choice.

I did a lot of looking around - rctimer S800 clone, carboncore and the new Tarot T960 folding hexcopter - which is the one I've gone for. Around 1m in width plus the large blades sticking out.

I went for the wookong-M flight controller because I wanted to eventually be able to use a zenmuse if I can afford it. For now I've not got a proper gimbal for it as I'm waiting to see what happens with new alexmos boards etc.

I sourced my motors from rctimer along with the 15 inch carbonblades - this is the same setup as the DJI spreading wings S800.

I also went for some simonK 40amp esc's. Loads of little bits like wire and connectors etc. Along with landing gear and a gimbal mount / lower battery mount system.

Finally I went for twin 6S 5000mah cells - for 10,000mah.

Sadly I'm not allowed to build it until I've got a LOAD of work finished and caught up on or vicky with kick my face in. So sadly it sits in a box tempting me for now.

Ultimate plans are to get a 3axis gimbal to carry my panasonic GH3 so it can be used 1-man and 2-man operation (one camera man, one flyer)

At the moment I only have an RCtimer gimbal with martinez board - not really good imho. The Yun1 using alexmos board which James is using on his 550 is much nicer I think. But.... I got the rctimer one for end-of-a-stick type stuff rather than using it on a flight platform. I wouldn't recommend it. Took lots of counter sinking and work to put it together. And the martinez board won't flash and it over compensates for movement slightly. crap.

Last edited by jimmy; 12-06-2013 at 10:49 PM.