Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-07-2015

Hi - Going to Sidcup tomorrow, first time. My son is really looking forward to it.

Had another disaster, MB Models to the rescue though. Guess who used the wrong paint?

Me.

I bought Tamiya for plastics rather than polycarbonate... Quick drive around the living room, paint flaking off everywhere!

Ordered a new shell, next day delivery and one late night later and with the new paint an identical shell!

Waiting on a programming card for the Trackstar ESC, but I guess they will let him run it as is until it arrives and I can programme to blinky mode (still not sure what that actually means).

I've reduced the EPA on the throttle to 80pct so hoping that Joseph (my son) will learn to drive properly first, rather than smashing it to bits on day one

I hear you about Maritime, it is not far from me, but a Thursday is tricky as it starts quite early and I will not be home from work, and given it is a school night probably not a good idea...ear bashing from the missus (wait till she sees the credit card bill!)

I definitely have the bug, so looking forward to buying and racing a car of my own, for now I am team mechanic and taxi service.

Thanks for all your help, lets see what happens tomorrow.