Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2015

Unhappy Speed Passion Reventon pro issue / website down

Hi all, my first post here after getting back into racing after a 20 year hiatus! I've started getting some kit together, including a brushless, sensored Speed Passion Reventon Pro ESC. I'm having some trouble with the speedo and was wondering if someone could help me out?

So, I got a Speed Passion motor (6.5T) & ESC (Reventon Pro) combo set, set it all up, plugged in the sensor wire and soldered the capacitors on, and put it in a Schumacher Cougar SV. I tried running it and at low throttle the motor cogs like mad (hope that's the right term - there's a low frequency hum and the pinion gear just shakes - and a bit of smoke came out of the motor - erk!). So I checked all the wiring and soldering and it all looks clean. I tried a different sensor wire and it didn't help. I *unplugged* the sensor wire and now it works like a dream - what's up with that?

Secondly, I thought that the firmware on the speedo might need updating/changing (the red light on the speedo is constantly flashing so I thought it might be running a stock "blinky" firmware) - I went on the Speedpassion site to check and it looks like the site has been taken down! Have Speedpassion gone bust? Is there anywhere else I can download firmware from?

Many thanks for any help and advice you can offer!

Edit: Looks like Speedpassion.net is back up and running again now - phew!

Last edited by big bad ben; 12-09-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Fat thumbs