Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-11-2015

Well of course the wishbones are not breaking just like that. Left side broke when I missed a jump and landed on the corner of it. Right side broke when I touched the track boundary in a fast corner. Of course on could say, well its drivers fault. However I believe also that the Durango wishbones do not provide enough flex due to their solid construction. The Hobao, Asso and 22 from my friends have cross joints in the wishbones and that seems to allow for more flex and robustness. We are no pro drivers at all. But no beginners either. The track for sure is hard on the cars, but the other cars seem to cope better with those conditions. On our outside track I also have no issues with the Dex. But during winter we race inside on this track. For me it means I skip winter season or change to another car. If you start to think drive carefully to not break your car, you drive slow. When my friends hit the walls or miss their jumps, crash into each other and continue their race afterwards without damage, it just feels not right. Often I just think, wow the cars just must have been wrecked, but nothing. If it happens once ok, yes sometimes you just break stuff. But it happens way too often with the Dex210v2 to be considered normal. Sometimes I drove so slow, around a corner, was just touched in the back by another race so the Dex just slightly touches the track border and bam. No way that the wishbone breaks because of that, but it happens anyway. Race over. And yes I have the same with the stock plastic bulkhead. Frustrated...