Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-03-2016

Default Tyler Liddle RC Diary

Hi my name is Tyler liddle, Iam 10 years old.I thought I would start a little thread to show how much I love my hobbie. First off a little history about me and my hobbie (RC racing).
For my sixth birthday I fortunately got an RC car as my dad raced at that time,it was a B4.1 team associated 2WD. I enjoyed messing around with it on the local field.

[IMG][/IMG]

I went to my first RC club at six, with my dad, not long after my birthday. The club was Seaham youth centre or (NEAM) as it is also called. It was the first time I had a go on a real track, it was
astounding, and it was half carpet and the other half polished,slippy wood floor with jumps and obstacle. The track was mainly laid out with thick ropes to direct the lanes.

Watching the other drivers go around the track was much easier than it actually was. I was running with the standard ready to run steering wheel controller. Although it was quit difficult at first I really enjoyed it and couldn't resist to go back the following week...

Here is a link to my first race
https://youtu.be/_8diVFHTk8A

since i found RC driving super fun, I continued to race at Seham and gradually i got better week after week. The fun part wasn't just driving but also experimenting with new and complex settings in addition to my car. However, changing the car was kind of hard to get used to sometimes.

To present I have had many different race meetings including: the Bradbury cup, the oople race,the European warm up and the north east regionals and nationals ETC. Not only did I explore the content of new race meeting but cars as well: associated B44 4WD, yokomo B max 2 2WD, yokomo B max 4 4WD, kyosho RB6 2WD and the kyosho ZX6 4WD. also i have achieved many different medals/trophies due to good driving or participating, including: under 13 seeded 2WD north east champion for 2013/2015 as well as under 13 seeded 4WD north east champion for 2014.
[IMG][/IMG]

here is a picture of my current buggies
kyosho
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]