Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-04-2016

My personal opinion
This weekend I had a full day of testing back to back with the new carpet=3 GEAR vs the old 4 gear. My local track is a HUGE astroturf track, bumpy, fast laps are 32sec flat laptimes. Conditions were 100% dry. If your car is not dialed in 100% or your driving lines are not consistent you soon loose between 0.5 and 1sec per lap; I tell this because if you give me a car that would be significantly faster, I will feel it and go below 32sec)

The new car felt different, it felt easier to drive, from the start I expected that better laptimes were possible , but at the end of the day it was not, both cars were equally as fast and turned exactly the same laptimes!

For now, I like the old car just a tad more, it's a little snappier and seems to put the power a little more down. Again, just my personal opinion. From the other side: 1 rotating part less in a gearbox can't be a bad thing

To sum things up: yes, technically the changes are drastically, but whilst riding the differences are more subtle I think. If you never drove the 'old' 4 gear chances are you will not miss it. The new car is a great machine and maybe that in time I'll be faster with it than the old 4 gear, but don't expect any miracles, there aren't!

Last edited by rcpower; 19-04-2016 at 06:57 AM.