Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 18-10-2009

Default Hello

Im new some may know me from MSUK and i was recommended iiple by another forum member, im looking to start racing 1/10th buggys indoors and was wondering where to start

im looking at getting a b4 btw just need to know what else i want to be competetive

im anticipating ill need another lipo and another brushless kit to add to the collection but any info on specs would be mega helpfull

cheers
Old 18-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

welcome to oople!
Where are you in the uk as some of the answers may depend on what track you'll be running on?
Old 18-10-2009

im in derby im thinking broxtowe is my nearest club unless there is one nearer which would tip the balance on which one i may go to as i only have a motorbike.
Old 19-10-2009

Default Go

Hi and welcome to the forum! We race at West Bridgford in Notts every Friday, and have rd1 of the Indoor Offroad series coming up this Saturday. If you fancy coming down there will be plenty of advice on hand I'm sure. B4's are popular here, they are good for spares availability. That would be my main advice, get a car that is popular in your area then when you break stuff you won't have any issues buying/borrowing/aquiring spares.

As for specs, most down our way run LRP/Novak/Losi Brushless systems. I run Losi Excelorin and orion 3800 lipos. As long as it's a sensored motor/speedo you can't go far wrong. In 2wd I would say an 8.5 would be plenty quick, but most use between 6.5-10.5.

Come down on Saturday! I used to live in Derby it's not far atall. If you come in on the A52 and follow it round South (counter-clockwise)the club is just 3 mins from the last big roundabout with the A60.
________
Kawasaki Zg1000
Old 19-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
Come down on Saturday! I used to live in Derby it's not far atall. If you come in on the A52 and follow it round South (counter-clockwise)the club is just 3 mins from the last big roundabout with the A60.
or this might help :
http://www.wbmcc.com/index.php?optio...d=48&Itemid=55

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.