Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 22-11-2009

Default My Build

I know you all said go to York club first see what people are racing, but, I've driven Schumachers before (bosscat, cougar, cat2k) and always enjoyed them for drive ability and ease of getting parts. So I took a trip to Otley (another mistake in all your books, but the Cat was a good price) and got a fresh kit.

Sticking with they Schueys, got the Cat Sx with a Speed Passion Gt2.0LPF, Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz a Losi 6.5 xcelorin motor and used my old Ko Propo FET servo. being new to the whole brushless stuff, it's been cool working it all out (cheers for your patience with my questions).

Some cool new inovations since I last built a car - the way the wishbones are held to the car - no more pins with e clips I've lost so many of those The threaded shock bodies are smart.. no more rummaging around for spring spacers! Not sure about the 3 belt system though, just seems an unnecessary amount of rubber if you ask me. My old Yokomo YR4 had 1 belt to drive all 4 wheels.. So only 1 belt to stretch and wear out. but we'll see. and the bleed hole in the shock caps, very useful, made filling the shocks so much easier!

Love the purple alloy and the carbon fibre.. Gold shock shafts.. Titch is a happy chappy.. So.. A few pics of the build for you all as well as the shell, which is nearly finished. Hope you like

The Shell..

Designed the shell using photoshop doing my own slant on the monster energy logos. Printed the "detail" onto transparent decal sheet. Originally was going to do the front half white and the back half black like the Monster Energy rally car, but when I printed out the decal sheet, the ink was semi transparent, so the change of background colour would have affected the colour on the outside too great.. So stuck with an all white car.. IMO it's finished off a cleaner looking car.

Decals Applied

With the paint behind it, it looks quite nice.

Not taken the protective cover off yet, so the white speckles will not be there soon.

I feel 15 again (when I first raced) Just got a 3rd coat left to put on the shell, then I'm going to spray the windows. Got a Aqua2UV flip paint which I think would look nice for that.

See you on the tracks soon I hope

Old 22-11-2009

sweet build mate, wont look shiney new for much longer, gota love carbon fibre !
Old 22-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_dan View Post
sweet build mate, wont look shiney new for much longer, gota love carbon fibre !
Stuck the decals to the inside so they won't scuff.. But yeah your right.. it'll have black rubber scuffs on it soon enough!

Old 24-11-2009

Took it for a spin this afternoon.. Love it! Granted it was on inch long grass, so a few grip rolling incidents, but top fun.. Now i just need to take it to bits again and clean the grass out