Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 02-01-2012

Default Losi shock length

Hi guys

I have acquired some losi shocks from a xxx bk2

I've followed the x6 starting UK setup which advises that the rear shocks should be 90.9mm long, which meant putting about 10mm of spacers on the shaft under the piston.

This has resulted in the car having virtually no droop at all, have i missed something or done something wrong?

Any help appreciated

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 02-01-2012
Mad Member

The measurements are from the center of the upper mounting eye to the center of the hole in the bottom mounting ball.

You have not said exactly which shocks you have. If you have the correct ones they will be the .6" fronts and 1.0" rears. Should work correctly if the right lengths are used, measured from the correct places on the correct shocks.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 02-01-2012
#1 ZX5 fan

I have a Losi B spacer in the rear of mine which I think is 3.5mm and the eyelets wound all the way onto the bottom of the shaft. With that there is loads of rear droop.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

Arran, I think you may have done something wrong, but can't tell from your post. If you can show it to one of the Team guys -- the D.M.S. Team + our guys Dan & Ellis are everywhere -- they'll all be glad to take a look and make suggestions.

Also, if you can post pix of your installation we may be able to help here.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 03-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Chazz, it looks to me that Arran has simply measured the shock from end to end rather than "centre of eyelet to centre of eyelet" that would explain the severe amount of spacers used and then the lack of droop you have.

Arran, try just one Losi B spacer (or somthinbg similair around 3.5mm) as Dan has suggested and you should be fine
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 03-01-2012

Hi guys

Thanks for the responses.

I measured the shocks from end to end, and not from the centre of the eyelets as suggested.

Following the advice given, i've now rebuilt the shocks correctly and managed to get them to the right length and now have droop

Thanks for all of your help, it's very much appreciated

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Chazz, it looks to me that Arran has simply measured the shock from end to end rather than "centre of eyelet to centre of eyelet" that would explain the severe amount of spacers used and then the lack of droop you have.

Arran, try just one Losi B spacer (or somthinbg similair around 3.5mm) as Dan has suggested and you should be fine
Is this 3.5mm spacer still recommended with the longer axles? Or is it just used to reduce droop to stop the shorter axles coming out?
Old 03-01-2012
#1 ZX5 fan

It's what I've run with both the old BK2 axle and B4 bone and now with the dedicated X Factory driveshafts. I've just measured my shocks and I have a little less droop than the 90.9mm mentioned above, mine is about 88mm but looking at drive pins could take a little more if needed by winding the shock eyelet a turn or two.

Nortech is ACE!