Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 18-07-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio
Default TC02C + Lupuz = Problem?

As I have more mainly stick pack Lipos I have chosen to build my TC02C with the chassis from my "spares car" Lupuz (aka Mad Monkey) which basically means its a now a proper TR02C.

BUT I think I may have cocked it up as I've used the motor plate from the TC02C and I cannot get to the lower motor screw to adjust the pinion mesh. I should have realised something was not right when I got to the stage in the manual where it shows the entire rear end assembly complete with motor going onto the chassis because in my case there was no way to get it in without taking the motor off.

I've managed to sort it temporarily by undoing and rotating the motor plate, setting the mesh then bolting it back in again but if I change the pinion I'm stuffed.

I think I may need to have a coffee and sit down and rethink this again.
Old 18-07-2012
Mad Member

It's the same on the tc02c as well. Bit of a design flaw. I ended up dremeling some of the chassis away so I can get wrench in there nice and flat. It' hasn't has any effect on the rigidity so it does make me wonder why they didn't do it in the first place.

Seem to remember doing something similar to my x6.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 18-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolio View Post
As I have more mainly stick pack Lipos I have chosen to build my TC02C with the chassis from my "spares car" Lupuz (aka Mad Monkey) which basically means its a now a proper TR02C.

BUT I think I may have cocked it up as I've used the motor plate from the TC02C and I cannot get to the lower motor screw to adjust the pinion mesh. I should have realised something was not right when I got to the stage in the manual where it shows the entire rear end assembly complete with motor going onto the chassis because in my case there was no way to get it in without taking the motor off.

I've managed to sort it temporarily by undoing and rotating the motor plate, setting the mesh then bolting it back in again but if I change the pinion I'm stuffed.

I think I may need to have a coffee and sit down and rethink this again.

TBH its only a few screws to remove the whole rear end and do it that way without modifying the chassis
Old 18-07-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
TBH its only a few screws to remove the whole rear end and do it that way without modifying the chassis
Well yeah but it's removing 5 screws as opposed to just adjusting 2, I know which one I prefer.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 18-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

ive done neither, i just use a 2.5mm ball end allen driver.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 18-07-2012

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

+1 on the 2.5mm ball end driver
Old 18-07-2012

+2 Ball end 2.5mm
Old 18-07-2012
Mad Member

I have had a coffee and a head scratch and decided...to buy a 2.5mm ball ended Allen driver

To the other poster, yep my X6 has been dremelled to sort this out but in fairness that was a conversion so it was perhaps more forgivable. As a clean sheet design you'd have thought they'd have got this a bit more "sorted". Ah well, never mind, can't really complain at this price.
Old 18-07-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
I have had a coffee and a head scratch and decided...to buy a 2.5mm ball ended Allen driver

To the other poster, yep my X6 has been dremelled to sort this out but in fairness that was a conversion so it was perhaps more forgivable. As a clean sheet design you'd have thought they'd have got this a bit more "sorted". Ah well, never mind, can't really complain at this price.
Ball-ended driver use is common place on lots of top end cars too, for instance you have to use one to mount the mootr ina Lazer FS/FS2.

Ref the X6, the newer X6 SQ had a recess cut into the chassis wall for this very same reason
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 18-07-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Ref the X6, the newer X6 SQ had a recess cut into the chassis wall for this very same reason
Forgot about that, see there is a good example of a manufacturer evolving and improving a product. Talking of which, when I finish this Team C (which was intended to be my "outside" car) I might actually get round to rebuilding my SQ. Possibly.
Old 19-07-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
BUT I think I may have cocked it up as I've used the motor plate from the TC02C and I cannot get to the lower motor screw to adjust the pinion mesh. I should have realised something was not right when I got to the stage in the manual where it shows the entire rear end assembly complete with motor going onto the chassis because in my case there was no way to get it in without taking the motor of.
I had exactally the same problem, gearbox wouldnt go in with motor attached so i dremelled out a bit of the chassis to so as to get to the motor screw. Think it must be a design flaw in the manual or chassis.