Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
you claimed they own them.... dont go back pedling on us now!

as you seem unable to get this in your head, im against this because its not needed and not for the good of the hobby. everything is working as is.
i could go out and buy 5 harrys tomorrow if i wanted to. thats not my issue
I'm not back peddling at all, it was a figure of speech chap, Mylaps own the right to the product by name ( I'm guessing here but I would said there's some patient or something written somewhere )

If you think I meant that clubs who have bought the units own nothing then you really are a sad man !

I read and understand everything written in the posts, so I can get this in my head.

If Mylaps think it's needed to improve their product features then they think its necessary.

Do I think it needed, if it means less chance of my laps being missed, then yep dam right it's needed, and for that fact alone, my laps

I have never told you that you had to buy 5 new Harry's, I said all racers have a choice to make and as such you have said time and time again, you won't buy MyLaps products because of their lack of customer service, fair enough that's your choice, as I've said.
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Really thats your name? what a coincidence!, I just asked you to write that name on your shoe soles! had no idea you were the the one sucking up on the bbk thread...
Mark are you smoking something
WTF does this mean, "had no idea you were the the one sucking up on the bbk thread"

Do you know what, never mind answering that, no point, your make something up about this as well

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

I think its time we discussed a productive way forward on this topic...

There is a physical problem with the sport in this country where clubs are in he position of having to either choose to upgrade to satisfy customers with new My Laps P.T's or stick with the RC3 systems to keep the majority of customers/racers happy.

personally i think the BRCA could step in to fix this... ban the use of Purcy's in UK r/c racing for the near future... this stops any uk drivers turning up at meetings to have timing issues... those that race in euro/world meetings will be the only ones needing to upgrade p.t's if they currently run MRT products.

It stops uk racers having to replace MRT's they own... it is a large number of racers affected... only MRT could confirm number of sales in UK but its a lot bigger than we could guess at.

Clubs will not have to lay out for new systems/software either and considering the financials in some struggling clubs these days this can only be a good thing.

MRT will help situation by developing a P.T upgrade/replacement that works on new system

Anyone interested in joining a petition to BRCA to propose the idea?
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
I think its time we discussed a productive way forward on this topic...

There is a physical problem with the sport in this country where clubs are in he position of having to either choose to upgrade to satisfy customers with new My Laps P.T's or stick with the RC3 systems to keep the majority of customers/racers happy.

personally i think the BRCA could step in to fix this... ban the use of Purcy's in UK r/c racing for the near future... this stops any uk drivers turning up at meetings to have timing issues... those that race in euro/world meetings will be the only ones needing to upgrade p.t's if they currently run MRT products.

It stops uk racers having to replace MRT's they own... it is a large number of racers affected... only MRT could confirm number of sales in UK but its a lot bigger than we could guess at.

Clubs will not have to lay out for new systems/software either and considering the financials in some struggling clubs these days this can only be a good thing.

MRT will help situation by developing a P.T upgrade/replacement that works on new system

Anyone interested in joining a petition to BRCA to propose the idea?
WOW, lol

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Due to the fact that neither my AMB PT nor my MRT PT have ever missed a lap or had a clash, I see no need to change either of them

I'd quite happily sign the petition.
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Due to the fact that neither my AMB PT nor my MRT PT have ever missed a lap or had a clash, I see no need to change either of them

Exactly my feelings dude!
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

non of my 8 AMB/Mylaps PT's have ever missed a lap !

so i'm happy not to sign

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
WOW, lol
Good wow?

Bad wow?

or cynical wow?

since you have recently have gone to the expense of changing from MRT to AMB P.T's and quite a few of them for your family... are you really happy that you have had to do this when technically there wasn't an issue when you ran MRT's?
Old 17-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post

Precisely.

Why should MRT users have to spend money (cos trade-in still isn't free) to fix something that ISN'T A PROBLEM!!!!!!?

Missed laps are a rarity, and as BBK's own info mentions frequently down to transponder placement and loop positioning. RC4 might make that less critical but most clubs have it sorted with RC2/3 systems so there is no gain. If lap counting was frequently unreliable I could see the point, but it isn't.

Actually its ironic really - what got AMB into timing F1 and the likes was the incredible reliability of its RC systems. Yet now they are suggesting that what was good enough for professional motorsport isn't enough?

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Good wow?

Bad wow?

or cynical wow?

since you have recently have gone to the expense of changing from MRT to AMB P.T's and quite a few of them for your family... are you really happy that you have had to do this when technically there wasn't an issue when you ran MRT's?
I've never owed a MRT PT in my Life, and don't know where you got that information from

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012

Knighthawk, would you rather a club upgraded and left 75% (A rough guess based on the figures in this thread) of their membership to buy new transponders, or a club potentially turn away a new member as they have a new transponder incompatible with their system.

Based on the fact that 99% of the decoders currently work with 99% of the transponders in-use, it seems silly for the above problem to be introduced. In no way I can see is it good for our hobby/sport.
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Precisely.

Why should MRT users have to spend money (cos trade-in still isn't free) to fix something that ISN'T A PROBLEM!!!!!!?

Missed laps are a rarity, and as BBK's own info mentions frequently down to transponder placement and loop positioning. RC4 might make that less critical but most clubs have it sorted with RC2/3 systems so there is no gain. If lap counting was frequently unreliable I could see the point, but it isn't.

Actually its ironic really - what got AMB into timing F1 and the likes was the incredible reliability of its RC systems. Yet now they are suggesting that what was good enough for professional motorsport isn't enough?

It was allegedly the KERS system being introduced that caused interference issues hence 'required' upgrade.

How this effects r/c is beyond me!

i do question the reason MRT's don't work on new system but older AMB's do... do MRT's run at a lower signal strength to all AMB products so they have just managed to remove the signal detection band that 'accidentally' means a competitors products are defunct?
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
I've never owed a MRT PT in my Life, and don't know where you got that information from
If that's the case then i apologise for the question,

Was convinced i saw you advertising multiple MRT's in the for sale section and requesting 'Harry's in the wanted section in the oOple trade room.

my mistake.
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
Knighthawk, would you rather a club upgraded and left 75% (A rough guess based on the figures in this thread) of their membership to buy new transponders, or a club potentially turn away a new member as they have a new transponder incompatible with their system.

Based on the fact that 99% of the decoders currently work with 99% of the transponders in-use, it seems silly for the above problem to be introduced. In no way I can see is it good for our hobby/sport.
Tom No
Not at all, It was posted why is it needed, I replied with if it improves the hit rate and potential missed laps, but every club and every member has to make their own mind up, as I posted !

My fact was that Mylaps have made the update to further the product, they are not in anyway forcing this on any club or member, in fact they are selling the Purcy alone side the Harry for compatibility reason.

Are we still using Analogue Handout Transponders, No because the Tech moved on, this is the next step from Mylaps

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
If that's the case then i apologise for the question,

Was convinced i saw you advertising multiple MRT's in the for sale section and requesting 'Harry's in the wanted section in the oOple trade room.

my mistake.
No you have my word i've never owed a MRT PT
Yes I have advertised for Harry's as I've needed them !

I did say that I would upgrade if necessary to three sets of Purcy's to get 3 individual car ID's if I needed and when I needed, at this time there is no need as my two lad's and my own PT's work on both RC3 and RC4 systems so no need to change yet.

But no harm done, simple mistake, cheers for the reply

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
non of my 8 AMB/Mylaps PT's have ever missed a lap !

so i'm happy not to sign
So your amb, mylap Harry's have never missed you a lap, on rc2 and rc3

Remind my why you think we need rc4 again.....
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
Tom No
Not at all, It was posted why is it needed, I replied with if it improves the hit rate and potential missed laps, but every club and every member has to make their own mind up, as I posted !

My fact was that Mylaps have made the update to further the product, they are not in anyway forcing this on any club or member, in fact they are selling the Purcy alone side the Harry for compatibility reason.

Are we still using Analogue Handout Transponders, No because the Tech moved on, this is the next step from Mylaps
Yep still using analogue handouts at 2 of the 3 clubs I race at
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
Yep still using analogue handouts at 2 of the 3 clubs I race at
Nothing intended here at all, but are you sure there analogue handouts and not digital handouts

Only interested as a club I helped run had analogue handouts AMB20 system I beleive it was, they upgraded when they couldn't get an replacements for broken units, before they upgraded they only had 3 working pairs !

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012

LRC and Plymouth RC both still analogue
Old 17-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Nothing intended here at all, but are you sure there analogue handouts and not digital handouts

Only interested as a club I helped run had analogue handouts AMB20 system I beleive it was, they upgraded when they couldn't get an replacements for broken units, before they upgraded they only had 3 working pairs !
And thats the point. They only upgraded because the old system was no longer supported. It was perfectly good at timing the cars, its just that dead transponders couldn't be replaced.
Likewise Mylaps have screwed clubs everywhere by abandoning the handout transponder. Quite how hard it would be to make Harry's with a small battery attached baffles me, but Mylaps want PT's or nothing so stopped it. Most clubs with handouts now guard them feverishly - they are highly useful yet irreplaceable.
This is not true progress but planned obsolescence.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)