Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
£426 @ current market values, phew, best sell the 511 then, lol.
I do agree that it's insanely expensive. But it is already relatively cheap to do an extremely small amount of parts. My estimate is 10 people wants the new parts at most. ( I only have 5 people for the carbon fibre bumper, and 6-7 for the blue belts)

For example. heat-treating finish average is around USD$60. Then what companies do is add the cost of machining labour & overhead cost. (The current manufacturing company I work in have $37 labour and $36 Overhead for an hour). The layshaft can be machined in an hour + another hour for heat treatment. Add those together you will be looking at $168 for just the layshaft. On top of that, many company only do super fast express post $$$$, that's because they don't want delays/lost post. Furthermore, I still have to pay customs to bring manufactured goods across the border. It took me a half a year to source a company that charges me less then 1/3 of that.

Again, I am expecting many of you will find it expensive. I am not a huge company making thousands of these parts. I am just providing my service and doing my part to keep the Lazer alive.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
Guys,

I have worked out the price for the prototypes. Once they are finished testing, I will offer these parts to you all.

But be warn, they are not cheap. Prototypes are like one offs in manufacturing plants. Since I won't be ordering more than 20 pieces per part (because there are not enough people), my supplier can't gave me a price reduction. I expect most of you will think it's too expensive, but that's the best price I can get (I have been asking quotes for the past half a year to the darkest corners of China).

So, here are the prices (USD).

Front Gear Box (4 anodized aluminum, 2 CF pieces, 1 anodized aluminum sheet cover): $140

Upper Deck Mount (1 anodized rear upper deck mount, 4 middle upper deck mount posts): $90

Rear Gear Box (1 anodized aluminum base, 4 anodized aluminum cross bar, 4 spacers, 1 anodized aluminum rear tower mount, 1 anodized belt tension bearing holder, 2 CF side plates, 1 CF belt tensioner): $160

Layshaft (1 Stainless steel heat-treated shaft, 1 mod fixed pulley): $90

Motorplate (1 anodized aluminum motorplate with heat sink): $75

There is also a shipping cost of $55 from my supplier to my place. So, if there are more people ordering, The $55 can be shared amongs them.

Soon, I will have prices and pictures on my version of pivot blocks and my sealed ball diff.
Facing 610$ for all the parts + custom fees (Belgium = 1/3 of total price +-200$ ) is a total of 810$
Yes that's very expensive but on the other hand the parts are very special and exclusive.

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli4ke View Post
Facing 610$ for all the parts + custom fees (Belgium = 1/3 of total price +-200$ ) is a total of 810$
Yes that's very expensive but on the other hand the parts are very special and exclusive.
There is still the pivot blocks (Pingu2000 sells his for $78 USD). Plus the sealed ball diff which I have yet to know how much it would cost.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 11-07-2012

I'd be in for the front and rear gear box
Old 12-07-2012

some pictures sorted out
all bule anodized parts and the lightweight body,kyosho do not anodized the front kickup plate just shiny reverse the released evo kit

lazer zxs lightweight body set 01.JPG

lazer zxs lightweight body set 02.JPG

kyosho lazer zxs evo team prototype blue alum kit set.JPG
Old 12-07-2012

the UJs do not be demolished,team driver used only,with hex adapter
the car used zx-5 rear plastics hub carrier but come with aluminum spare part,this one made by
cross or atlas?

kyosho lazer zxr zxs team version cvd set good condition with adapters.JPG

kyosho lazer zx-s evo cross aluminum rear hub nice condition #1.JPG
Old 12-07-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllyf View Post
some pictures sorted out
all bule anodized parts and the lightweight body,kyosho do not anodized the front kickup plate just shiny reverse the released evo kit

Attachment 40007

Attachment 40008

Attachment 40009
The zxs evo kick up plate was sold by kyosho as annodised blue as was an upgrade. Ive got four which i bought two years ago.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 12-07-2012

Quote:
the UJs do not be demolished,team driver used only,with hex adapter
the car used zx-5 rear plastics hub carrier but come with aluminum spare part,this one made by
cross or atlas?

Attachment 40011

Attachment 40012
Atlas, mines the same. Are diff gears white and are the outdrives different to the zxr design, if yes Atlas as well and sounds like its identical to mine. Did your slipper come annodised blue as well like mine?
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Atlas, mines the same. Are diff gears white and are the outdrives different to the zxr design, if yes Atlas as well and sounds like its identical to mine. Did your slipper come annodised blue as well like mine?
mine rear diff gear is white,outdrives has some different as zxr,but the front as the zxs. the slipper do not anodized as mine.my car chassis have much change,look like yokomo YR4 M2 battery slot design
Old 12-07-2012

Quote:
mine rear diff gear is white,outdrives has some different as zxr,but the front as the zxs. the slipper do not anodized as mine.my car chassis have much change,look like yokomo YR4 M2 battery slot design
Show a picture. All evos had cells in different places on either side and a couple of protos were made with all batteries down one side of the chassis.
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Show a picture. All evos had cells in different places on either side and a couple of protos were made with all batteries down one side of the chassis.
kyosho lazer zxs evo proto type team chassis 01.JPG

kyosho lazer zxs evo proto type team chassis 02.JPG
Old 12-07-2012

kyosho lazer zxs evo proto type team chassis kit 01.JPG
Old 12-07-2012

Ive seen that before and was for sale as well as an accessory. In fact someone here came across it but forget who. That design was to lower / higher the battery weight by a mm or two and was if i recall also a team atlas design. There should be an attachable battey plate that sits under neath the chassis or on top all depending on whats required.

Personally a weak point in all the zxs chassis is the motor area where there is a section cut out, looks good but cracks under hard landings.

Just seen second picture and that does confirm it. It was an option so am guessing your car was owned by a Japanese driver as team atlas are based in japan.
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-07-2012
Mad Member

Default A

It all looks like great work and I was initially very keen but now I've seen such prices its made it prohibitively expensive - for me at least. Obviously I'm a bit naive to all this manufacturing malarkey!

I now appreciate the costs involved. Maybe if testing stage is successful you could approach a customisation firm like 3 racing who could help you push the product forward to a wider audience. If this is an intention and you'd like to show the lazer zx/zxr is capable of handling it's own with modern off-road then I think this could be crucial.

I recall welshy in a previous thread saying how the db1 appeared to be a very expensive choice for racers. Given the lack of availability of the lazer zx and the total estimated price of this upgrade, makes the db1 pale in comparison.

Like the process that the db1 went through, I will eagerly await the results of testing! Guys like oosh need to be really congratulated for taking this forward to such an extent. I could never imagined doing such a thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli4ke View Post
Old 12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naushad View Post
It all looks like great work and I was initially very keen but now I've seen such prices its made it prohibitively expensive - for me at least. Obviously I'm a bit naive to all this manufacturing malarkey!

I now appreciate the costs involved. Maybe if testing stage is successful you could approach a customisation firm like 3 racing who could help you push the product forward to a wider audience. If this is an intention and you'd like to show the lazer zx/zxr is capable of handling it's own with modern off-road then I think this could be crucial.

I recall welshy in a previous thread saying how the db1 appeared to be a very expensive choice for racers. Given the lack of availability of the lazer zx and the total estimated price of this upgrade, makes the db1 pale in comparison.

Like the process that the db1 went through, I will eagerly await the results of testing! Guys like oosh need to be really congratulated for taking this forward to such an extent. I could never imagined doing such a thing!!

Thank you for your appreciation. I remember I pm'ed welshy early in the beginning of this project saying that I won't be manufacturing these parts because I know that it would be too expensive. If I do, it would be personal usage. I really just want to make the lazer live as long as possible.

Comparing to the db1, yes, the lazer upgrade is way too expensive. That's because rudebit made a lot more kits then we do, which cause no problem because they can sell all of them in a week or 2. For the lazer, even sif the price is lowered to a low $100 USD, there may still only be a hand full of people who wants it. There will never be enough demands unless Welshy starts to win some races with it . Suppliers are willing to lower the cost if the quantity is high.

Thank you again, and I will keep on working on the diffs before I put an end to this project.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 12-07-2012

If only I could sell all my RC stuff in a night to order your stuff the day after........
Old 12-07-2012
Mad Member

Default A

But aim to find a company to subsidize the cost for you

Yeah racing
Team c
3 racing

Just a few!

If successful you could really push this forward!

Oh...and Jared tebo!

Quote:
Thank you for your appreciation. I remember I pm'ed welshy early in the beginning of this project saying that I won't be manufacturing these parts because I know that it would be too expensive. If I do, it would be personal usage. I really just want to make the lazer live as long as possible.

Comparing to the db1, yes, the lazer upgrade is way too expensive. That's because rudebit made a lot more kits then we do, which cause no problem because they can sell all of them in a week or 2. For the lazer, even sif the price is lowered to a low $100 USD, there may still only be a hand full of people who wants it. There will never be enough demands unless Welshy starts to win some races with it . Suppliers are willing to lower the cost if the quantity is high.

Thank you again, and I will keep on working on the diffs before I put an end to this project.
Old 12-07-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
For the lazer, even sif the price is lowered to a low $100 USD, there may still only be a hand full of people who wants it. There will never be enough demands unless Welshy starts to win some races with it . Suppliers are willing to lower the cost if the quantity is high

oh i dont know, if it was $100 i'd buy 2 or 3 and i guess at that price everyone that owns a lazer would get them,

unfortunatly as it stands i cant afford the lot and to me if i cant buy it all i cant buy any as the car would look unfinished

i dont work and as such i would probably have to sell most of my rc collection to get the lazer kit,

damn it does look good though and you have done a brilliant job sourcing it all oosh123
Old 12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naushad View Post
But aim to find a company to subsidize the cost for you

Yeah racing
Team c
3 racing

Just a few!

If successful you could really push this forward!

Oh...and Jared tebo!
hehe I don't know his email. I would like to see what he thinks.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 12-07-2012

I may know someone who does, but would wait until its built first before asking him.

On the subject of costs, just do it in stages, fronr gearbox one month and rear next etc etc. Its going to be worth it.
Answer UK team driver