Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-11-2011
oOple Journalist

Default URBAN X Off-Road warehouse race meeting 2012

Well guys, I am over the moon to release news of what might be the most unique off-road racing experience seen in recent years.

2012 will see the launch of the U.K's first ever urban warehouse based off-road racing series, with the launch race meeting planned for late January we are super excited to share with you some spy shots of the secured venues. We are very aware of date clashes within drivers commitments so we can assure you that this event will be staged with no direct clashes to other national or regional race meetings. We have several major manufacturers interested in supporting this event so our administration and infastructure will be top class.

The meeting will be run over 1 full day with both micro 1/18th & 1/16th scale heats and the traditional 1/10th scale indoor off-road heats. The really cool part of this racing event will be the location.

Urban X will take place in a spacious urban warehouse environment in central Birmingham. Multi-surface track conditions will be seen with carpet and polished industrial flooring. We will be employing a dedicated team to design and construct the track features/jumps etc.

We will have a large well appointed pit area with live power points and pit tables supplied. Our goal with this event is to bring the culture of off-road indoor racing into a new environment whilst also giving you, the race community an opportunity to visit the second city during an exciting days race activities.

Spy shots of the secured venues:

At first I would like to gauge the potential interest in this meeting and see who may like to attend?. The venue boasts amazing access from major motorway networks, full food facilities, toilets and parking facilities, and a spacious spectators area for friends and family to relax and enjoy the fun. Central hotel and transport networks are 5 minutes walking distance from this amazing venue.

Racers will be welcome to run several classes during the day and our goal is to allow every attending driver or team ample time, space and track access to make this an amazing days racing.

Stay tuned for my information in the next few weeks and if you think you may like to attend this great day in the centre of the country, let us know

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776