Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 22-08-2013

we got 6 belts from RC Mart in Japan, they are next door to Tamiya Factory HQ and gave them the above listed part number. They were 16 AUSD each belt
Old 22-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowta View Post
we got 6 belts from RC Mart in Japan, they are next door to Tamiya Factory HQ and gave them the above listed part number. They were 16 AUSD each belt

Your lucky! I live in the U.S. and Tamiya USA took forever even to show the 511 Upgrade set to be available, it took months after it showed up on the USA site when other countries Like the UK already had their kits in hand months prior! They still dont even have a pic of the upgrade set on the Tamiya USA site, but its listed. When I punch in the # for the belts on the USA site it says there is no Item with that #. Now granted I can order from overseas, which I have, but I still have not seen these belts listed by anyone yet. Tamiya USA is like the last to have any of their New Products. The good News is if anyone decides to just use the 37 tooth pulleys and 369mm belts, the 39 tooth pulleys and 372mm belts will be the only thing from the upgrade set they wont be able to use from the kit if they need belts, so its not a total wash! It's still pretty sad though, 8 months and the belts are not easily/readily available, nor are any replacement parts. Oh well, time will tell.
Old 23-08-2013

On a side note, I took some 38 tooth pulleys from a 3racing Sakura to see if they would fit with the shorter 369mm belts. It was a no go, the belts were used so they had a bit more stretch to them, but even on the loosest setting the tension was too tight. This was actually on my TRF501X though, either way it shouldn't make a difference between the 501X or the 511!