Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 26-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
On a flat track like silverstone you set it low and damage you chassis on bumpy tracks such as grass mud and outdoor astro you raise it up and go slower round corners
Ok.. Can't say I go any slower round corners outside than I do inside. I only probably run my car maybe two mm lower indoors than I do outdoors.

Car bottoming isn't a problem as long as it doesn't unsettle the car too much. And as already said in this thread, with a bit of tuning it can be adjusted to calm it down if it is happening. A big enough jump will make any car bottom out though.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 26-08-2013

Hi
I tried the Schumacher tapered three hole pistons with different oils as per Simon Moss set up but could not cure the bottoming.

I do not think that there is any answer to this other than cars are different and handle in a different way and cope with conditions in different ways.

CARB
Old 27-08-2013

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

I haven't changed my setup for nearly 2 yeas now and can honestly say my car doesn't bottom out? I run the same piston/oil/spring combination everywhere and have every intention of starting on that setup at the Worlds in a few weeks.

That will have some of the largest jumps around and I don't have any concerns?
Old 27-08-2013

Hi Simon
Could i ask a couple of questions, what is your shock absorber set up (springs, pistons, oils, rebound, diaphrams length) and ride height.

I know what you are saying about the big jump at the worlds it is huge, I find that we have a series of big bumps close together and not on a flat surface.

The bumps are more like mounds, so from the top of the mound the track falls away in all directions and this is all on the side of a bank.

You need to see it to understand the difference and how the two car handle the bumps.

good luck at the worlds

Neale