Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-02-2013

http://www.bbksoftware.com/

Shows out of stock?
Old 14-02-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

thats not mylaps thats bob the uk seller, if he is out of stock and u need one that bad order from mylaps
Old 14-02-2013

email Rob, they are due in very soon. If you wanted it for the weekend you really were leaving it a bit tight to order from anywhere.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044
Old 15-02-2013

Its been mentioned to a few people to order direct from mylaps... have you seen the postage cost?! It's just under 30 euros for one pt...

But I'm sure their postage is packed with new features such as envelopes, stamps and going through the letterbox more accurately than ever before

And why should the thread die? This is the internets, if we can't all talk over each other and go round in circles on an issue here, where can we do it?
Old 15-02-2013

Just seen that PT's are back in stock with BBKsoftware, panic over.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044
Old 15-02-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_u View Post
Its been mentioned to a few people to order direct from mylaps... have you seen the postage cost?! It's just under 30 euros for one pt...

But I'm sure their postage is packed with new features such as envelopes, stamps and going through the letterbox more accurately than ever before

And why should the thread die? This is the internets, if we can't all talk over each other and go round in circles on an issue here, where can we do it?
This post wins!
Old 15-02-2013

Does anyone know if you can buy shares in AMB/MyLAPS ???
Old 15-02-2013
Administrator

Not sure, but with the new opensource mylaps-compatible decoder and open PT standard so anyone can make a transponder just on the horizon, would it be a good investment?

I made all that up.
Old 15-02-2013
Mad Member

Well here is 30 more pages on the subject

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...madness-5.html

Seems this has been known about since March 2010! guess the UK missed out on the rumour!
Old 15-02-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 746140
Well here is 30 more pages on the subject

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...madness-5.html

Seems this has been known about since March 2010! guess the UK missed out on the rumour!
Quite an interesting read, as it appears the Americans have been arguing about it for about 3 years now.
I guess MRT missed it too, or chose to completely ignore it, as they're still selling the soon non-compatible bugs to anyone that will shell out the funds. It's rather disturbing they don't have something posted on their website saying something, and I'm afraid the "we're working on it" promises sent to a few via email just doesn't cut it.
Old 15-02-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

The mrt are not non compatable, they will work for many years at clubs/meetings running rc3 and lower ,
I knew abound this from the middle or 2011 as I saw it on the linked thread.

What do you want mrt to say, they have said there working on it?
Old 15-02-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
The mrt are not non compatable, they will work for many years at clubs/meetings running rc3 and lower ,
I knew abound this from the middle or 2011 as I saw it on the linked thread.

What do you want mrt to say, they have said there working on it?
But just how long are some of these clubs going to wait to update the to RC4 decoders?
What about all the people whose club's have already updated, and now are holding worthless bugs?
As I said before, this isn't rocket science or finding the cure for cancer.
If you knew it "the middle of 2011" then they had to of as well, and they've now had about 2 years to address the fix.

It's great that you note MRT as one of your sponsors in your sigline, but defending what many here have perceived as their lack of addressing this is a little over the top in my humble opinion .... unless it's to update us all, saying, "here's a link so you can download the appropriate software so everyone can flash their transponders."
Old 15-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
But just how long are some of these clubs going to wait to update the to RC4 decoders?
What about all the people whose club's have already updated, and now are holding worthless bugs?
As I said before, this isn't rocket science or finding the cure for cancer.
If you knew it "the middle of 2011" then they had to of as well, and they've now had about 2 years to address the fix.

It's great that you note MRT as one of your sponsors in your sigline, but defending what many here have perceived as their lack of addressing this is a little over the top in my humble opinion .... unless it's to update us all, saying, "here's a link so you can download the appropriate software so everyone can flash their transponders."
What planet are you on?

Rc4 has just been released, how do you expect mrt to get hold of it 2 years before its release. They have got to wait till they can get one to do any testing.

If its not rocket science, then I suggest you jog on and ask mylaps for thier coding, copy it and make a bug, I expect your fully compatable product by the end of the month......
Old 15-02-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
What planet are you on?

Rc4 has just been released, how do you expect mrt to get hold of it 2 years before its release. They have got to wait till they can get one to do any testing.

If its not rocket science, then I suggest you jog on and ask mylaps for thier coding, copy it and make a bug, I expect your fully compatable product by the end of the month......

All I know is that the "I'm working on it" excuse wouldn't work with my wife or my boss. They'd both want to know WHEN!
Old 15-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Not sure, but with the new opensource mylaps-compatible decoder and open PT standard so anyone can make a transponder just on the horizon, would it be a good investment?

I made all that up.
New opensource mylaps-compatible decoder and open PT standard, really ?
Old 15-02-2013

has any one on rc4 actually tried the hands out yet? heard some reports they dont give 100% count

Also MRT do a replacement battery service for the hand outs.
Old 15-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveuk View Post
I've been reading this thread for a while now and have resisted commenting as I'm sure I'm going to get abuse from someone.

I look at this issue from both sides of the argument, I am a racer, but also I run a club.

I don't understand how a company can get away with the behaviour of AMb, if it wasn't for the fact they have a monopoly I'm sure they wouldn't.

From a club point of view, we can't afford to replace our equipment every couple of years as AMB feel like updating their firmware and preventing certain transponders from working. For us you are talking of an investment of over £2500, it has taken the club many years to raise that much cash. What happens when the next decoder comes out and casually dropped in to the mix is that it will only work with purcy and the new fred transponder? We have about 15 'handouts' which could be rendered useless. We are doing quite well from the point of view of having younger members, I'm pretty sure when I tell a parent yes you can race, but you need to spend another £80 on a transponder we won't get that many young racers turn up.

From a racing point of view I have one of the very original PT's and in the 10 plus years I've had it I don't think it's ever missed a lap. It's been in everything from 1/8th circuit, 1/8th offroad, bikes, micros and 1/10th 2 and 4wd. Telling me there's less chance of a new one missing something that has never been a problem isn't selling me on the idea.

Steve
Upgrade your decoder and it costs £415 all AMB/Mylaps PT's & digital handouts (ambrc) work.
Wait till April it will cost £1,200 to upgrade.

Don't do anything and your old decoder goes kaput - £2,400 to replace.

Makes sense to upgrade now.
Old 15-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
Upgrade your decoder and it costs £415 all AMB/Mylaps PT's & digital handouts (ambrc) work.
Wait till April it will cost £1,200 to upgrade.

Don't do anything and your old decoder goes kaput - £2,400 to replace.

Makes sense to upgrade now.
Or does it? a club with 30 members all with mrt that world have to upgrade to a harry or purcy for £40 each they would reach the 1200 mark alone. so if a club is a club and respected its members then wouldn't it be more sensible to keep the current perfectly fine system for no cost? not saying that any clubs that upgraded are bad clubs i bet that had there reasons and benefits out way the cost.

But as 400 for a replace unit if a club is looking to upgrade in the very near future than now is the time to buy.

My Trade Feedback
Old 15-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post

All I know is that the "I'm working on it" excuse wouldn't work with my wife or my boss. They'd both want to know WHEN!
ah so you dont wear the trousers in your house, your wife does!
Old 15-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burty248 View Post
Or does it? a club with 30 members all with mrt that world have to upgrade to a harry or purcy for £40 each they would reach the 1200 mark alone. so if a club is a club and respected its members then wouldn't it be more sensible to keep the current perfectly fine system for no cost? not saying that any clubs that upgraded are bad clubs i bet that had there reasons and benefits out way the cost.

But as 400 for a replace unit if a club is looking to upgrade in the very near future than now is the time to buy.
There is a massive pressure on clubs with the prices quoted by Coastal... so not surprised some have taken early steps to be 'future proof' but at the cost of having issues in the short term.

how can they justify an £800 difference in an upgrade after March, how is that not an aggressive move?

Harrys will not be available as trade in deal after March either!

What a punishment to the hobby for not towing the line with their RC4 regime, and at the cost of not being able to attract beginners and potential new customers to their business?!

Basically we've all got to bend over and take it from the mylaps cocks and then be eternally grateful for their rubbish aftersales support, future price hikes and system updates when they need to rape some more money in!

At least we will be safe knowing that repairs can be carried out by sending our shiny red P/T's off to Australia to be fixed!

If i had the spare cash, i would buy an RC4 system and a few different type PT's along with MRT's and post them off to a friendly 'cloner' in China to work their reasonably priced high volume magic and create a club budget friendly and hobby friendly system!