Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 07-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Use bottom one then - it will help with durability of both servo and servo arm and you should be fine. I managed to break gears in my KoPropo at my first race outing on our really rutted track and I was pushing really hard - switched to bottom hole and didn't have any probs since that.
Old 11-03-2010

Hey gents,

I broke my wing mounts and uppper rear transmision in a miscommunication between my brain and hand, I throttled instead of brakeing and ended up landing straight on the wing mounts. I changed out the plastic Tranny for the aluminium type and fabbed my own wing mount out of aluminium. My question is;

Does having a solid wing mount put to much force on the upper tranny mount, In otherwords will it break my tranny or shock tower in a accident? Or am I better of sticking with the stock plastic wing mount as a type of crumple zone?
Old 11-03-2010

i run a solid rear wing mount and im not the most carefull, i do have alloy upper mounting/diff mounting tho, not had any problems other than it batters the wing a lot more
Old 11-03-2010

I also noticed in the alloy tranny two theaded holes that I can't see any use for. What are they for?

Some other people have posted pictures of cats with what seems to be different than stock wing mount. Can a different one be installed?
Old 12-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well solid wing mount and alloy top gearboxes will make shocktowers weak link. Not that it will break at slight touch, just that this will be part that will have to absorb most of the force applied on rear.

2 holes are there for rear shock mount - so you don't have to fiddle with everything.

To wing holder - I've used Durga one for last season - there are few different brands that will fit - use search function I belive you'll find thread about it.
Old 13-03-2010

I just finished installing every option part available for the cat in a effort to make it as solid as possible....never mind making shumacher a little richer at the same time

The new thicker front medium wishbones look alot stonger than the original design. I only have concerns, or questions about two parts.

1)will the one way diff make it harder to stop and steer?

2)How does the rear suspention conversion affect handling?

Thanks,
Bill
Old 13-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

1/ The one-way will give you loads off steering off power and you will only be abel to brake with the rear wheels resulting in the car swopping ends
2/ The rear shock conversion is used for very bumpy tracks.
Old 13-03-2010

So your suggesting not to use the one way. What kind of a course is it ment for?
Old 14-03-2010

Has anyone noticed how contaminated the shock oil gets after a race. The bare aluminium walls are turnng the shock oil metalic in colour after just one race.

Does anyone know what shocks can replace the stock set?
Old 14-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
Has anyone noticed how contaminated the shock oil gets after a race. The bare aluminium walls are turnng the shock oil metalic in colour after just one race.

Does anyone know what shocks can replace the stock set?
Big Bore shocks seems to be without this issue from what I've heard from team - oil stays clean for much longer time than std shocks. Just wait for them.
Old 16-03-2010

What I want to know is how many years has Simon Moss been racing to get to that level of driving?

I want to know if I stand a chance of getting there befor I'm 50!!!
Old 17-03-2010
Mad Member

Moth - 42
Old 17-03-2010

Old 18-03-2010

Send a message via AIM to PsycoChris Send a message via MSN to PsycoChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Big Bore shocks seems to be without this issue from what I've heard from team - oil stays clean for much longer time than std shocks. Just wait for them.
You give great advice. I like your ideas. I love the Cat and cannot wait till the Big Bores come out. Going to be sick. Shocks are dialed!

Team Schumacher USA // Speed Passions // Core Rc
Long Island Raceway and Hobby // DarkSide Designs
Old 18-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Quote:
What I want to know is how many years has Simon Moss been racing to get to that level of driving?

I want to know if I stand a chance of getting there befor I'm 50!!!
Not quite 50 lol. Around 16 years now, Nationals and Euros for the last 8/9 i think.

The big bore shocks dont contaminate the oil at all, although this never really affected the performance of the small bore - its just the colouring out of the shock bodies.
Old 18-03-2010

I was right on the money--35 plus 16 would make 51 years old.....I wouldn't make it there anyhow.....my wife wouldn't let me play with my toys that long.

I'm waiting for the Bigbores from day to day like everone else....can't you do anything about that Mossy. Go to shumacher and say "MY FOLLOWERS NEED NEW SHOCKS" and slam your staff to the ground in biblical fashion....that'll get their attention
Old 18-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
I was right on the money--35 plus 16 would make 51 years old.....I wouldn't make it there anyhow.....my wife wouldn't let me play with my toys that long.

I'm waiting for the Bigbores from day to day like everone else....can't you do anything about that Mossy. Go to shumacher and say "MY FOLLOWERS NEED NEW SHOCKS" and slam your staff to the ground in biblical fashion....that'll get their attention
Oh Dear