Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 01-03-2014

Default My new RB& build

Hi im building a new RB6 for the 2014 season and with new type of electronics VIPER i couldnt get it like i had last year with orion. VIPER esc is a bit higher. I also ran sadle packs last year, but now im going for the shorty.

I also going for a lot of EXOTEK bling so we will see how those works. (im still waiting for shock caps, spring adjusters and steering rack)

Has anyone else tried a battery setup like i am doing now? I have seen some similar bur with the battery all the way back and the esc in front.

I dont think it will make any balancing problems. The only thing that im worried about is that i cant get it all the way down to the chassi plate. Its about 2-3 mm clearing under it. So if this will impact the balance sideways is unknown due to little higher center of mass. But at the positive side it will have more mass wider then before so we will see if this is better against traction rolls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-03-01 21.10.30.jpg (195.6 KB, 108 views)
Old 01-03-2014

Default picture

Bling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-03-01 21.06.36.jpg (128.7 KB, 96 views)
Old 17-03-2014

Hi all
I'm looking for a breakdown of parts needed to convert an RB6 to an RB5 rear arms? What is everyone doing for high grip tracks?

Cheers
Lee
Old 18-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrroy76 View Post
Hi im building a new RB6 for the 2014 season and with new type of electronics VIPER i couldnt get it like i had last year with orion. VIPER esc is a bit higher. I also ran sadle packs last year, but now im going for the shorty.

I also going for a lot of EXOTEK bling so we will see how those works. (im still waiting for shock caps, spring adjusters and steering rack)

Has anyone else tried a battery setup like i am doing now? I have seen some similar bur with the battery all the way back and the esc in front.

I dont think it will make any balancing problems. The only thing that im worried about is that i cant get it all the way down to the chassi plate. Its about 2-3 mm clearing under it. So if this will impact the balance sideways is unknown due to little higher center of mass. But at the positive side it will have more mass wider then before so we will see if this is better against traction rolls.
I have not seen it with the shorty more in the middle before, let us know how it goes!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 18-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttlee View Post
Hi all
I'm looking for a breakdown of parts needed to convert an RB6 to an RB5 rear arms? What is everyone doing for high grip tracks?

Cheers
Lee
Hi Lee,
UM521-1 is all you need the RB5 wishbones. you will need 2 as its a set!
many drivers use this set up on high grip.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 18-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
Hi Lee,
UM521-1 is all you need the RB5 wishbones. you will need 2 as its a set!
many drivers use this set up on high grip.
Doesn't UM521-1 only have the one mounting hole for the shocks? I have UM566 which has two holes on both sides of the arm. Again you need to order x2.
You will also need to either ream out the ends to fit the stock outer hinge pin or use these...

http://insidelineracing.co.uk/new-pr...51ca4c-details

You'll need 2 small button head screws same as the ones that hold the pins in the front wishbones, not sure on the size or part number for these though.
Old 18-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I normally prefer to use the UM521/UM566/LA272 rear arms as they have the two holes in, normally drill another hole inside the inner most standard hole at the same spacing.

If you search for posts by me I did a full guid on fitting all the various arm combinations in response to a similar quesiton.
Old 19-03-2014

Thanks folks!! I'll give this a try then. Cheers
Old 21-03-2014

Hi all.
just received the rb5 wishbones. And noticed that um566 don't have any holes for the sway bar ? Or Will that not be needed now! Thanks again. :-)
Old 24-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not seen anybody run the straight arms with the sway bar kit on RB6, doesn't mean some haven't tried of course.
Old 24-03-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Not seen anybody run the straight arms with the sway bar kit on RB6, doesn't mean some haven't tried of course.
Roger Roger Roger - LOL
Old 11-04-2014

I've never found any info anywhere WHY the flat rb5 rear arms are better on high grip?... What exact scientific fact causes the benefit? What do they do differently that can't be achieved by setup alterations to the standard arms car?
Old 11-04-2014

Good point there Mark,

From what I've read the flat arm allows the car to rotate flatter around the corner so in effect faster. I've tried the flat arms but have permanently gone back to the gullwings as I feel finding a good setup when the grip is low to be far far easier plus you have far more wheelbase adjustment that you don't get with the flat arms.

In high grip I add the roll bars and it seems to give a very similar feeling to the flat arms. At the end of the day all the flat arm is doing is limiting roll that can be achieved in other ways.

...just my opinion of course

Chris
Old 11-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhseeten View Post
I've never found any info anywhere WHY the flat rb5 rear arms are better on high grip?... What exact scientific fact causes the benefit? What do they do differently that can't be achieved by setup alterations to the standard arms car?
I am not an engineer but as the shock attaches to the arm in a place lower than a straight arm, it changes the rate of compression of the shock. Instead of a linear compression, you get something like a soft, neutral point at the beginning of compression (shock extended). A bit like running laydown shocks.

That's what I believe anyway

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 14-04-2014

Default Redworkshop RB6 conversion kit

My Redworkshop RB6 CF conversion kit.
This is the 2014 version with the new lipo brace.

Old 15-04-2014

Ran my RB6 outdoors for the first time at the weekend, I was suffering with it nose diving off the jumps, I had to correct it by blipping the throttle in mid air but it unsettled the car when landing, am I right in thinking if I lengthen the front shocks slightly that will help??? Or any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 15-04-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishboy176 View Post
Ran my RB6 outdoors for the first time at the weekend, I was suffering with it nose diving off the jumps, I had to correct it by blipping the throttle in mid air but it unsettled the car when landing, am I right in thinking if I lengthen the front shocks slightly that will help??? Or any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Many things to look at like where the weight distribution is, have you got drag brake set on ESC? The easiest fix is Softer rear springs or harder fronts to give better balance for jumping.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 15-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
Many things to look at like where the weight distribution is, have you got drag brake set on ESC? The easiest fix is Softer rear springs or harder fronts to give better balance for jumping.
Rudebits shorty conversion,speedo in front of motor,dumpy servo and I have got 10% drag brake on, X gear pink rear 27.5wt and X gear orange front 40wt

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 15-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishboy176 View Post
Rudebits shorty conversion,speedo in front of motor,dumpy servo and I have got 10% drag brake on, X gear pink rear 27.5wt and X gear orange front 40wt
And you are from Cornwall
Old 15-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
And you are from Cornwall
Sssshhhhh!! I didn't want anyone to know that!!!!

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane