Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysurfer View Post
Well a decent turn out again last night meaning 4 heats with the TC’s getting the extra round. Another first time driver, well for TyneMet anyway with Kieran joining the TC drivers tho unfortunately having a long wait for the start as Martin thought we started at 6pm!!
Some interesting racing last night with Nigel being very competitive in the buggies giving Mr Hindson a good run for his money for second place in the final and Jonny Clark putting in a convincing night in the TC’s taking both pole and an easy win!!! Although Gary Shears & Paul were quick to blame their tyres for Mr Johnson’s apparent good performance - excuses excuses - admit it, he had you both worried!
Guess we might see Jonny back in the TC’s again after that and Nige staying with buggies for a while.
Well I’m not there next week so down to Westy to run race control. Also where is “zerocat”??
Worried Never was a clear win even with bald tyres lol

see you all next week
Old 23-07-2012

got some buggies up for sale so thought i'd advertise them here first,

firstly, my back up B44 with B44.1 shell, put together by gar so identical to the one i race in everyway, running hobbyking 8.5t combo, RTR except batteries and radio, but could supply a cheap radio if you want, B44.1 pro painted shell and undertray and some spares,
£190 without radio......£200 with radio.

also i have 2 B4 2WD rollers, both decent £55 each with a few spares

paul 0775 775 7552
Old 23-07-2012

i hope you're not giving up!!!!
Old 23-07-2012

no, the B44 never gets used as its sister car is so reliable, and i have a B4 up and running and have plenty of spares so the 2 rollers are up for sale as i wont use them
Old 24-07-2012

Well back down to 14 racing last night presumably not helped by the time of year and the nice weather.
6 buggies and 8 TC’s getting 5 rounds and a final on probably the worst track I’ve seen since the Mad Dog’s hairpin specials at Longbenton - not a single sweeping corner or overtaking point on it.
TC’s won by Campbell with a P and I think Gary Shears taking the honours in the buggies.
Sorry to hear Ray is retiring for the short term until he gets his other eye fixed, maybe September, he will be a miss as he is one of the most consistent attendees and on e of the fixtures and fittings of the club - hope to see you back soon Old Man
Repairs due on my car thanks to a broken wishbone in the final but it’ll be ready to do battle again next Monday so see you all there J
Old 24-07-2012

Unhappy

Hi Mark, Thanks for those kind words, the last few weeks I've been getting in every-ones way, plus running the marshals ragged.
So I'm hanging up my transmitter for a while. I'll be calling in from time to time, to see if they've fixed the lights at the bottom of the hall ( I think that is part of my problem).

Mark, I should have asked you last night, which wishbone got knacked?
I've got a few spares (front & rear) if you have bother getting them.
Just let me know.

The old phart
Old 24-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Mac View Post
Hi Mark, Thanks for those kind words, the last few weeks I've been getting in every-ones way, plus running the marshals ragged.
So I'm hanging up my transmitter for a while. I'll be calling in from time to time, to see if they've fixed the lights at the bottom of the hall ( I think that is part of my problem).

Just let me know.

The old phart

Ray don't give up bud we all have bad nights
And don't worry about us marshals thats what where there for

i agree with you ray the lighting is poor down the bottom of the hall
why don't we try for one meeting and make the track a little shorter
after all we don't have to use every mm of hall

hope to see you back soon take care

Gary
Old 25-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Mac View Post

Just let me know.

The old phart
Cheers Ray, I have pretty much a full spare car at home so I'm ok with bits for a while. Agree with Gary, get back along and I'll ask Steve or Jack what the score with the lights is. I think the positioning of the bottom corner was part of the problem last week, it WAS very awkward to judge especially with the lighting and took me a few laps to get it right, even then I kept going too wide! Hope you change your mind as we're all worried if you're not racing you'll have more time to send rubbish jokes by email
Old 31-07-2012

Another quiet night last night with people being on holiday and the rare sight of sunshine probably not helping numbers. 13 racing, 9 TC’s & 4 Buggies so come on, get yourselves back along. A convincing night for Nev in the buggy class - no wonder Boblet is coming back to TC’s!
On another note we managed to coax the last row of lights into action last night which helped see the bottom corners but they are scheduled to be repaired properly as soon as TyneMet can get a cherry picker in the hall - so no excuses Old Man, we want to see you back!
See you next week
Mark

Old 07-08-2012

Well, I must say I had a good warm welcome from the boys at Tynemet with my very basic stock TT01-E Celica, first time at the club to see what its all about as very very new to RC stuff, but found everyone there very helpful with advice and just a general warm approach, had to join before I left for the night. Now its time to do some work on my baby and change some stuff. Can't wait till the next time, shifts permitting!!!

Thanks again boys

Kev
Old 09-08-2012

Good to see you there and enjoying it enough to join on your first night Kev. Always plenty people willing to offer help and tips. For your first time you seemed to do very well. Look forward to seeing you back soon
Old 09-08-2012

Well a quiet night again this week with 15 racing but a couple of new faces, Adam Purvis and Kevin Garthwaite.
TC’s won by Ross and a rather rough buggy final by Jonny Clark
Hope to see more of you next week. Don't want to end up struggling as much as some local clubs appear to be from their forum posts!!
Old 14-08-2012

Well what's becoming a fairly constant 15ish racers last night again with 7TC in one heat and 2 buggy heats of 4.
Welcome back to Paul Ferris after almost a year missing - nice to have you back on the track mate.
A couple of visiting potential racers and I’, expecting to see Martin Purvis on the track soon rather than just being Adam’s pit crew.
Loads of grip last night, me running tyres I was ready to bin 2 weeks back no problem.
Forgot to mention that the Zumba girls were off last night so before I forget, they’re off next week as well so anyone who CAN get there before 7, we can get in and get set up as soon as people arrive and maybe get an extra round.
See you next week
Old 14-08-2012

really missed not being there last night but my operation stopped me, should be there next week tho
Old 14-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty boys motorsport View Post
really missed not being there last night but my operation stopped me, should be there next week tho
You coming as Pauline next week?
Mardave V12 AC12-S
Old 14-08-2012

..... Or he could have bought a new RC car that cost him a arm and a leg !!! Bom bom !!!!
Old 14-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
You coming as Pauline next week?
....no its the biggest it ever been at the moment...and black....think i must have had a transplant instead
Old 15-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty boys motorsport View Post
....no its the biggest it ever been at the moment...and black....think i must have had a transplant instead
Looking like a chip shop Haggis without the batter then?
Old 21-08-2012

Well not a bad turn out last night with 17 racing, one non racer as yet coming for a look and too many drivers turning up without taking part!!!
A surprise visit from Giles Noble, first time since the Longbenton days AND he took a convincing win in the A final. Well done Giles, hopefully that’ll tempt you to come back a bit more regularly.
Loads of grip again, although my tyres did pretty much STOP working in round 4 of 5 qualifiers which was probably due to them reaching their 8th (maybe 9th) race meet.
Don’t forget no racing next Monday due to the bank holiday but back on 3rd September

Cheers
Old 27-08-2012

Default STUFF FOR SALE

Hi all,
the rest of my rc stuff is just gathering dust in the loft these days so i thought id give you's first offer before it goes on fleabay.

Schumacher Mi1 rolling chassis:
3 shells, new tyres, spares, boxed with instuctions. £50

Speed Passion 13.5t brushless motor:
v3 stock spec, new unused solder pins and sensor wire, boxed. £20

3200mh lipo £10

Ansmann xbase 2.0 lipo charger:
mint condition £30

schumacher carpet dragons on white rims:
used once at barley mow. £10

contact 32/35 shore foam tyres on carbon rims:
brand new boxed £15

48dp pinions:
23 to 31 on holder. £10

alturn hi speed servo:
brand new with black core rc alu servo horn. £20

purple alu car stand. £5

fasttrax 1/10 car carry bag with tool layer. £15

beatties holdall. £5

Ansmann alu camber, ride height and droop gauges. £5

Jp body reamer £5

Etronix 2.4ghz rx and tx (steering wheel type)
as new ,boxed. £15

Pic's available by email: malcolmrichardson@blueyonder.co.uk
I dont get on oople much these days so your better contacting me though my email, im open to offers on all items and i can drop items off at club on monday nights after ive been training.

cheers,

Mal